PDA

View Full Version : Training Weeks in Boot Camp

baronius
04-08-07, 02:01 PM
When they say boot camp is 13 weeks long, is that 13 weeks of actual training in addition to the week of receiving, or is the week of receiving included (so 12 weeks of training). If they are shortening boot camp to 12 weeks now, does that mean 12 weeks of training PLUS receiving week or 11 weeks of training? When does the change take effect?

Marine84
04-08-07, 03:36 PM
Ask some of the newbies we just acquired over the weekend.............I think one of them said it was 12 which means 12 weeks of training - you start training in Receiving - maybe not training as you might think it is but it's training.

yellowwing
04-08-07, 03:45 PM
No matter how many weeks your Drill Instructors have, they will do thier job. If you have any weakness or fault they will hammer it out of you. :evilgrin:

Achped
04-08-07, 04:27 PM
I spoke to Accord, he said Hotel company which was just picked up last monday is the first company to spend 12 weeks on the island (they got rid of team week)as well as be issued dress blues.

ItzAlex
04-08-07, 06:35 PM
What exactally happens in team week?

PerXes
04-08-07, 06:42 PM
You do stupid stuff that is really boring and stupid. You're not missing anything.

Achped
04-08-07, 06:43 PM
Congratulations on your promotion Lance Corporal!

BrentAndrew
04-09-07, 10:13 PM
So am I shipping a week later or graduating a week early?

baronius
04-10-07, 01:04 AM
Are you guys POSITIVE that they shortened boot camp and are issuing dress blues to every graduating recruit? When is this supposed to take effect? I asked the recruiter and he called that "BS". I asked, "If they did shorten boot camp to 12 weeks you would know about it right?" and he said, "Yes we would be the first to know; they haven't shortened it."

Accord
04-10-07, 01:13 AM
Are you guys POSITIVE that they shortened boot camp and are issuing dress blues to every graduating recruit? When is this supposed to take effect? I asked the recruiter and he called that "BS". I asked, "If they did shorten boot camp to 12 weeks you would know about it right?" and he said, "Yes we would be the first to know; they haven't shortened it."
Yes, your recruiter doesn't know jack. Nobody at my recruiting station was aware of the changes either, I was the first person to tell them about it.

I was on the island last week, the changes have already taken effect and everyone who ships from here on out will fall under these new changes. Period. No if's, and's, or but's about it regardless of what any recruiter says.

BrentAndrew
04-10-07, 07:28 AM
Yes, your recruiter doesn't know jack. Nobody at my recruiting station was aware of the changes either, I was the first person to tell them about it.

I was on the island last week, the changes have already taken effect and everyone who ships from here on out will fall under these new changes. Period. No if's, and's, or but's about it regardless of what any recruiter says.
I find this very alarming! Glad the people I deal with for information don't know jack about when and how!

davblay
04-10-07, 07:40 AM
I find this very alarming! Glad the people I deal with for information don't know jack about when and how!

Are you going to be in "L" or "D" company? They are both 12 weeks long, according to the schedule. Thats a total of up to 13 weeks on my Island!

"L" co graduates Aug 24 and "D" on Aug 31!

Go by the schedule posted unless your orders change! Listen to your Recruiter! ;)