PDA

View Full Version : Ol'e Marine Don Imus in hot water!

cball
04-07-07, 02:19 PM
Morning talk show host Imus says a girls basketball team looks like a bunch of hoe's ..

MOUNTAINWILLIAM
04-08-07, 07:46 PM
Ow shucks, he just had a of foot-in-mouth moment.

davblay
04-08-07, 07:52 PM
More like a brain fart! LMAO

jetdawgg
04-09-07, 09:31 AM
He was crying on TV this AM about this issue. This looks bleak here fellas

semperfi170
04-09-07, 09:40 AM
Read the transcript of exactly what Don said. He really had hoof in mouth moment! Even if he thought he was being funny using ghetto language, it was very inappropriate to broadcast it over the airwaves. Generally, I consider what he said to be inappropriate. Do I feel he should be fired as some are saying; no! Not unless this type of stupidity continues. Should he pay a fine and apologize; yes!

jetdawgg
04-09-07, 09:48 AM
It's not the first time that I heard that word used on that show. I made a note to a buddy of mine a few years ago that Imus may be going to far with these mis characterizations.

Eventually things catch up to you. People are now going to put him under the spotlight and review these things.

cball
04-09-07, 10:23 AM
Yea,He doesen't have too much good to say about anybody.Everyones a scum sucking weasel or a fat baldheaded idiot or worse..

jetdawgg
04-09-07, 11:57 AM
Tell Them It's Time to Dump Don

http://www.capwiz.com/now/issues/alert/?alertid=9602971&type=CU

Your message to WFAN, CBS Radio and MSNBC? Tell them "You don't have to let Don Imus keep peddling racism and sexism on your airwaves. It's time to Dump Don!"

003XXMarineDAD
04-09-07, 01:38 PM
I'll agree to dump Imus if you agree to dump Rosie for her outrageous crap she puts out everyday.
Let not forget Sean Penn,Charlie Sheen, and the other hollywood elite that will not support the troops.
:devious:

FistFu68
04-09-07, 01:58 PM
:evilgrin: MY DAUGHTER COULD SLAM-DUNK THAT FAGGOT'S AZZ :evilgrin:

jetdawgg
04-09-07, 02:00 PM
I'll agree to dump Imus if you agree to dump Rosie for her outrageous crap she puts out everyday.
Let not forget Sean Penn,Charlie Sheen, and the other hollywood elite that will not support the troops.
:devious:

I don't agree to 'Dump Imus'. I just made a post showing that there is a movement now (NOW - No pun intended) to do so:usmc:

DWG
04-09-07, 02:29 PM
How about Al Sharpton apologizing for the hoax that brought him to national prominence? Or Jesse Jackson apologizing for his "hymie town" remarks? Make no mistake, I don't like Imus, I think he's an a$$ from the get go, but let's cut out the hypocrisy from those two race baiters!

USMC-FO
04-09-07, 02:36 PM
Imus has suffered his entire life with "foot in mouth" desease. He was trying to be funny and it blew up on him. I am sure we have all had the same experience from time to time too. He has apologized for his foolish remark several times now but some seem intent on firing him for his regardless. I would not want to see that happen as it would accomplish nothing. Leave it to the Rutgers team to accept the apology, I believe he has asked them to come on his show to further apoligize. That should be enough in my mind. I seriously doubt he is a racist.

drumcorpssnare
04-09-07, 02:38 PM
All this hub-hub because Imus compared a women's basketball team to a bunch of garden implements.....?:D
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

jetdawgg
04-09-07, 02:38 PM
How about Al Sharpton apologizing for the hoax that brought him to national prominence? Or Jesse Jackson apologizing for his "hymie town" remarks? Make no mistake, I don't like Imus, I think he's an a$$ from the get go, but let's cut out the hypocrisy from those two race baiters!

http://www.jrn.columbia.edu/studentwork/cns/2002-05-08/images/shoephone.jpg
Wouldya believe it more if I got Farrakhan?

FistFu68
04-09-07, 03:51 PM
:evilgrin: WHILE MY DAUGHTER IS AT IT,SHE'LL SLAM DUNK; J.JACKSON & A. SHARPTON'S BIGOT AZZ ALSO!!!:evilgrin: S/F THAT-10/4:flag:

MacAngus
04-09-07, 04:26 PM
Does everyone here know imus was a MARINE? I don't particulaly like everything he say's but some of these girls are in college with educational oppitunities and act like hood rat gangsters.eVEN THOUGH THEY HAVEN'T SEEN ANY HARD COPRS **** IN THIER LIFE

marinegreen
04-09-07, 04:55 PM
Jackson,Sharpton and Fukkacon are all hypocrits,hell they keep screaming for equality but are the ones who keep the race card stirred up. Hey Imus,Go tell them 2 phonie fuqs to kiss yer lilly wht arse.

marinegreen
04-09-07, 04:57 PM
Does everyone here know imus was a MARINE? I don't particulaly like everything he say's but some of these girls are in college with educational oppitunities and act like hood rat gangsters.eVEN THOUGH THEY HAVEN'T SEEN ANY HARD COPRS **** IN THIER LIFE

He was in the Bugle Corps !!! He tooted his horn then and he does it now.,

bootlace15
04-09-07, 06:30 PM
most of us enjoy the use of an on or off switch.

bootlace15 out

FistFu68
04-09-07, 06:39 PM
:evilgrin: MS.MURTHA WAS A MARINE TOO,CHIT EVEN 10TH Z WAS(LMFAO):evilgrin:

10thzodiac
04-09-07, 06:43 PM
Update: April 11, 2005 <br />
<br />
Radio personality Don Imus is under scrutiny by both the attorney general of New York, Eliot Spitzer, and the San Miguel County New Mexico Assessor over questions about...

greensideout
04-09-07, 07:25 PM
Don Imus may be a lot of things we don't like or for some people do like but we all know that he is not stupid.

I'm taking a guess here so consider it's merit as such.

My view is that Imus saw his program falling in ratings and becoming lack-luster to even his dwindling faithful listeners. Some heavy press would be needed to pump life back into his flondering diatribe of garbage that he sends into the airwaves. An attact of a college BB team may be the answer. BINGO! It worked! He's on every news channel, in every news paper and tabloid rag in America. He now has people remembering that his crass if not downright vulger show is still on the radio dail. His outragous comments worked so well to get him press that even Al Sharpton jumped in to get a piece of the news coverage.

I miss Edward R. Morrow and the Real News!

10thzodiac
04-09-07, 07:42 PM
GSO, you are right, and I bet he's laughing all the way to the bank with Al Sharpton...

The "Imus in the Morning" show is syndicated to 70 stations around the country by CBS. The amount of advertising revenue Imus brings to these stations - including WFAN - can be quantified - and it's substantial. With that in mind, there is no way Leslie Moonves, president and CEO of the CBS Corporation will cut off the flow of Imus cash - even if he is repulsed by his radio star's warped comments.

jetdawgg
04-10-07, 08:39 AM
A bunch of conspiracy theorists:D

OLE SARG
04-10-07, 08:59 AM
Maybe Imus was wrong to say what he did (MacAngus hit it on the head reference some of the female, and male, athletes nowadays) but most of what he said is TRUE.
You will note that Imus' comments brought out the oportunistic racists, fatass sharpton and greedy jesse ******* jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These two don't miss anything that can be determined to have ANYTHING that could be considered racist by them (chocolate chip cooked would be racists to these two *******s)!!!!!!!!
I don't have a thing againist tats but some people carry them WAY TOO FAR!!!!! When you have them ALL OVER your arms, thighs, chest, back, neck, abs, butt, privates, etc., I would consider you to be a HOE!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jegries
04-10-07, 09:19 AM
His comment can be construed as a racial comment. It was a stupid comment altogether so If apologies were made and penalties paid then let it go. Everyone is so eager to construe things as racial. I know plenty of nappy headed H@#$ who are white.

OLE SARG
04-10-07, 09:32 AM
It would seem the opportunistic racists (sharpton and jackson) are usually the first to bring ANYTHING that can be construed as racist to the public!!!!!!!!!!! ANYMORE, people are so ****ing PC (to include media and hollywood ****heads), you have to walk on eggshells.
Where the **** else does a country pamper illegal aliens????????????????? The good ole U. S. of A. takes the lead on that. Our permissiveness, our pandering to the ****heads (aclu), our being SSSSOOOO PC is beginning to decay the pillars our great society, and our school systems!!!!!!

I'll get off my soapbox now......................................

SEMPER FI, :BEER:

cball
04-10-07, 09:50 AM
Wonder what J Jackson and Al Sharpton would think of (White Family Month) or (Miss White USA)?

jetdawgg
04-10-07, 09:55 AM
This AM Imus mentioned that he is going to have an African American on his program when he returns from the suspension.

I hope that it is not Sharpton or Jackson. They are clearly not the only people to speak for African Americans. The one good thing I can see that they have done here is to bring to light the fact that most news programs are not hosted by minorities in general.

I hate to see this done on the back of Imus. I don't think that Imus is a racists. I think that Jackson and Sharpton are in this case anyway opportunists.

Imus said this AM that he showed up yesterday at Sharptons radio show like a "MAN" in spite of a large amount of people at the program. Sharpton on the other hand was on the NBC "Today Show":usmc:

jetdawgg
04-10-07, 09:56 AM
Wonder what J Jackson and Al Sharpton would think of (White Family Month) or (Miss White USA)?

From what I hear there are already 11 of them:D

yellowwing
04-10-07, 11:09 AM
2 week suspension. Sounds like he got NJP. Half your pay, restricted to the barracks, Company Gunny supervising your re-motivation!

marinegreen
04-10-07, 12:01 PM
Here you have 2 leaders of the black community who are always screaming about injustice but Jackson who was a preacher and the leader of the rainbow coalition got caught being an adulter and calling someone a hymie and sharpton calling for the heads of some white kids a few yrs back who a lil black girl accused of raping her which was all a friggen lie. So tell me who are the real prejudices fuqs, these 2 are as phonie as phonie as can be. If they believe in equality so friggen much how come they dont march for whites,asians and whom ever else gets fuqed over. Its all a friggen game...........
MG

drumcorpssnare
04-10-07, 03:11 PM
I'm a firm believer in Americans being "American first"....And I think a person should embrace their own personal heritage. For example, I'm an American of Irish descent. I have a Celtic cross in my home. I wear green on March 17th. I enjoy Irish ballads. But, I don't shove that culture down anyone else's throat. I don't whine and snivel about how terrible the Irish were treated when they first came to America, or how they were persecuted by the British for 900 years.
Irish-Americans succeeded in this country through hard work and education.
As did German-Americans, French-Americans, Canadians, Scots, Asians, etc.
There are literally millions of Hispanics and black Americans who likewise, have succeeded through the same hard work, education, and "pulling themselves up by their bootstraps."
So, my question is...instead of African-American, or Hispanic, or Japanese-American...why not just...AMERICAN???

jetdawgg
04-10-07, 03:15 PM
I'm a firm believer in Americans being "American first"....And I think a person should embrace their own personal heritage. For example, I'm an American of Irish descent. I have a Celtic cross in my home. I wear green on March 17th. I enjoy Irish ballads. But, I don't shove that culture down anyone else's throat. I don't whine and snivel about how terrible the Irish were treated when they first came to America, or how they were persecuted by the British for 900 years.
Irish-Americans succeeded in this country through hard work and education.
As did German-Americans, French-Americans, Canadians, Scots, Asians, etc.
There are literally millions of Hispanics and black Americans who likewise, have succeeded through the same hard work, education, and "pulling themselves up by their bootstraps."
So, my question is...instead of African-American, or Hispanic, or Japanese-American...why not just...AMERICAN???

I often wonder the same thing.

marinegreen
04-10-07, 03:20 PM
Hhhhhmmmmm do you think the higher powers that may be ( the super wealthy) who really run this country help to keep the prejudice fire burning, hhhmmmmmm maybe its there way of controlling the sheep. I like the comment drumcorpsman posted: why not all americans.......... sounds better to me.

marinegreen
04-10-07, 04:35 PM
I knew it ! I just knew it would happen. They have Sharpton on hardball with criss mathis on and they brought it up about him with the young girl who accused the white guys of raping her and they said to Sharpton you never appologized for that and he says he doesnt have to because its one incident but that Imus was a whole race.If you watch Sharpton and when he's put on the spot he interupts the interviewer, he gets pizzed and stumbles and stammers. Here's him and jackson keeping the pot fires burning and jackson even stated earlier that Imus and MSNBC and NBS should compensate these girls. Its all about the $$$ and thats why you'll see these 2 radical fuqs keep this fire glowing. Hell last nite on DEAL OR NO DEAL a contestant's mother?(black) called for the banker whom she called a "CRACKER" on national TV to be good to her daughter, I dont hear sharpton or jackson say anything about that . Theres a street name after these 2 and its called "ONE WAY"

Osotogary
04-10-07, 06:05 PM
Imus's comments were directed towards the woman's basketball team from Rutgers and were referred to as racist...among other things. No mention was made of all the gangsta rappers who use all sorts of provocative, demeaning, degrading, sexist and racist lyrics on a daily, continual basis that, perhaps,may be even heard, bought or purchased by members of the Rutger's womans basketball team.
Does racist only apply if someone other than your own kind calls you a ho?
Imus didn't use good judgement and should deal with the reprocussions but he shouldn't be castigated by people who shouldn't even be throwing stones.

marinegreen
04-10-07, 06:23 PM
Imus's comments were directed towards the woman's basketball team from Rutgers and were referred to as racist...among other things. No mention was made of all the gangsta rappers who use all sorts of provocative, demeaning, degrading, sexist and racist lyrics on a daily, continual basis that, perhaps,may be even heard, bought or purchased by members of the Rutger's womans basketball team.
Does racist only apply if someone other than your own kind calls you a ho?
Imus didn't use good judgement and should deal with the reprocussions but he shouldn't be castigated by people who shouldn't even be throwing stones.

AMEN to that. I just got done listening to the rutgers coach and she dragged it out but not once did I hear a friggen thing about the rappers saying HO,Ghetto Booty,***** slap your HO AZZ,Tapping that BIG BOOTY, Kill all Cops so on and so on.

10thzodiac
04-10-07, 09:52 PM
There is an old adage, "One can say bad things about their own family, but others better not" !

Or this one, a Marine can call another Marine a Jar-head, but a if a sailor or soldier does, it is fighting words !

Make sense ?

crate78
04-10-07, 11:03 PM
I think mostly it was just Imus being Imus.

The morning after the 2004 election when the returns were still coming in, he was on live TV with some other commentators bouncing back and forth between studios. Some gal (white) commented that she hadn't had any sleep since the previous morning. Imus said, "Probably the first time you stayed up all night without taking your clothes off".

I'm not really "fer" him or "agin" him, just consider the source. Leave it to CNN, Jackson, Sharpton, et al, to take something like his recent comment, blow it all out of proportion, and milk it for all they can.

Should he apologize? Yes, and he has. Is the two week suspension appropriate? Probably. Then drop it and move on.

crate

10thzodiac
04-11-07, 07:06 AM
The reaction was swift and justifiably angry to shock jock Don Imus's latest racist crack that the Rutgers women's basketball players were nappy headed 'hos' (An even more curious characterization given Imus's trademark floppy mop). Imus didn't step over the line of racial incorrectness he obliterated it. He straddled the repentance line with his kind of, sort of, apology in which he did not say "I" only "we." The careful phrasing turned the "apology" into generic pabulum and was tantamount to personal absolution.

But even if Imus had made a sincere bare-the-chest heartfelt apology it wouldn't amount to much. That's the standard ploy that shock jocks, GOP big wigs, and assorted public personalities employ when they get caught with their racial pants down. On a few occasions the offenders have been reprimanded, suspended, and even dumped. However that's rare. Imus's act has been syndicated on dozens of stations for more than a decade by MSNBC. Though the network gently distanced itself from Imus, it won't likely show him the broadcast door.

There are two reasons why. And they tell much about why loudmouths such as Imus can prattle off foul remarks about gays, blacks, Latinos Asians, Muslims, and women and skip away with a caressing hand slap. The first reason is that these guys ramp up ratings and that makes the station's cash registers jingle. Since January, Imus's MSNBC show has drawn an average of more than 350,000 viewers. Nielson Media Research says that's a leap of nearly 40 percent over the same period in 2006.

The other reason it's virtually impossible to permanently muzzle Imus and others that talk race trash is the sphinx like silence of top politicians, broadcast industry leaders, and corporate sponsors. GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney and former Democratic presidential contender John Kerry bantered with Imus on his show in recent weeks. Yet, Romney hasn't uttered a word condemning Imus's bile. And Kerry issued a tepid statement through a spokeswoman in which he merely branded it "a stupid comment" and praised him for owning up to it.

While Kerry and Romney are two of the better known politicians to recently cackle with and at Imus's digs on the show, a steady parade of politicians and personalities have trooped to Imus's microphones over the years. And not all of them, as Kerry and Romney showed, are hard-line GOP conservatives. Senators Joe Lieberman and John McCain leaped over each other to get a spot with Imus. And we haven't a heard a peep from any of them about his remarks.

The problem of the silence or perfunctory belated criticism by higher ups to racial taunts surfaced a few years ago following then Senate Majority leader designate Trent Lott's veiled tout of segregation. It touched off a furor, and ultimately Lott stepped down from the post, but it took nearly a week for Bush to make a stumbling, and weak sounding disavowal of him. The silence from top politicians and industry leaders to public racism was even more deafening a couple of years ago when former Reagan Secretary of Education William Bennett made his weird taunt that aborting black babies could reduce crime. Even as calls were made from the usual circles almost always blacks and liberal Democrats for an apology, or his firing from his syndicated national radio show, neither Bush or any other top GOP leader said a mumbling word about Bennett.

There's another reason for their silence. The last two decades many Americans have become much too comfortable using code language to bash and denigrate blacks. In the 1970s, the vocabulary of covert racially loaded terms included terms such as "law and order," "crime in the streets," "permissive society," "welfare cheats," "subculture of violence," "subculture of poverty," "culturally deprived" and "lack of family values" seeped into the American lexicon about blacks. Some politicians seeking to exploit white racial fears routinely tossed about these terms.

In the 1980s new terms such as "crime prone," "war zone," "gang infested," "crack plagued," "drug turfs," "drug zombies," "violence scarred," "ghetto outcasts" and "ghetto poverty syndrome" were shoved into public discourse. These were covert racial code terms for blacks and they further reinforced the negative image of young black males as dope dealers, drive by shooters, and educational cripples. And the image of young black women as a dysfunctional collection of B's and "hos," welfare queens, and baby makers. The Rutgers cage ladies attend a solid academic institution, worked hard to get to the top of the basketball heap, and have not posed discipline problems, yet the vile racial typecasting still made them fair game for ridicule.

The Reverend Al Sharpton, the National Association of Black Journalists and a handful of sports columnists will continue to loudly demand that MSNBC and radio stations give Imus the ax, and they should. But they won't. There's simply too much money in racial trash talk, and too much silence from the higher ups that send a tacit signal condoning it. That silence is Imus's ultimate trump card.

Earl Ofari Hutchinson is an author and political analyst and an editor at New America Media. His new book The Latino Challenge to Black America: Towards a Conversation between African-Americans and Hispanics (Middle Passage Press and Hispanic Economics New York) in English and Spanish will be out in October.

thedrifter
04-11-07, 08:02 AM
Don Imus' Via Dolorosa <br />
By Kathleen Parker <br />
Wednesday, April 11, 2007 <br />
<br />
WASHINGTON -- I'm an Imus fan and often tune in for headlines, a shot of guyness and a pinch of politics. He's sometimes...

davblay
04-11-07, 08:21 AM
From reading some of these comments, I can proudly say that I am glad the Marines are GREEN!

jetdawgg
04-11-07, 08:22 AM
Imus has had to overcome a lot in his life after the Marine Corps. He has battled drug addiction and alcholoism.

In this latest struggle brought upon himself in a moment of bad judgement, he specifically called out the Women's Basketball Team at Rutgers. It was not just a blanket statement about a certain group. It was specific to those individual women.

The remarks are an abomination. They covered, sex, race, culture and homosexuality. Completely off the charts Marines. I read posts here about Sharpton and Jackson.

Sharpton has a different case than Jackson. That girl came to him with a story. Jackson like Imus put himself into some difficulty.:usmc:

OLE SARG
04-11-07, 08:41 AM
All this pubiciity is ten times what everyone (Rutgers, fatass sharpton, and ****head jackson) would have ever gotten without this incident. It was a no-no but Imus's show is a shock show and that is what they do. Everyone needs to put their fragile feelings back in their ass and go on with life!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

jetdawgg
04-11-07, 08:49 AM
Imus is taking it like a man though. His show will never be the same. I hope that they get rid of Bernard though