PDA

View Full Version : I did it, I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE

Accord
04-07-07, 01:47 PM
Private First Class Gordon, reporting as ordered.

I did it guys, I finally did it. I just graduted from platoon 2024 2nd Bn E Co. at Parris Island yesterday. My drill instructors were Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Perez, Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Damren, Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Robinson, and Drill Instructor Sergeant Pearson. I did it, I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE I can't even f***ing believe it. This whole thing has been so surreal, on Thursday when my senior drill instructor stepped in front of me and placed that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in my hand and said "Congratuations Marine" I was crying, my life long dream and it came down to that very moment. Between Thursday receiving my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and becoming a United States Marine and yesteday marching across the parade deck in an epic Parris Island graduation ceremony, I could not be any happier right now.

We had 90 recruits on TD 1 and we graduated with only 58 original platoon members, 64 total including the pickups from MRP. The last 3 months of my life have been hell and Marine Corps boot camp was so much worse than I expected it to be.

I am home now on 10 days of leave and you guys have no idea how weird this is for me, coming home last night in the airport in my charlies and actually being able to just walk around freely. The first thing I did was buy a snickers candy bar. I am reporting to SOI ITB at Camp Geiger on 17 April. I have been detached from reality and society for the past 13 weeks, I feel so weird right now, it's really hard adapting back to the real world after going through what I just went through for the past 3 months, I can't even imagine how hard it's going to be to adapt back to the real world after I come back from Iraq.

Thank you all for the support and letters while I was there.

People have been asking me what boot camp was like, but I just don't know what to say or how to describe it, Parris Island is an insane place with chaos 24/7. It's bizarre, it's like not even real, it's like some 5th dimension quasi-alter universe. It is hell on earth and the things I went through I would not wish upon even my worst enemy. I have so much more to say about the hell i've just gone through that I don't even know where to begin, this was the best thing I have ever done and if I had to do it all over again I would do it in a heart beat, being a Marine is awesome and the hell I went through was so worth it.

Every platoon in bootcamp has 1 or 2 recruits who get ****ed up so much more than everyone else, well in platoon 2024 I was that recruit thanks to some care packages with an Air Force shirt, goatse pictures, among other things.

Before anyone asks for pictures, we hired a professional photographer for graduation and we'll be getting all the pictures back on Tuesday so i'll be posting a ton of them then.

I will say this, Marines are not made on the rapel tower, the pool, the crucible, o-course, confidence course, or any other **** or events like that, they're made inside the squadbays behind closed doors and all the Marines on here know what i'm talking about. When it got really bad for me I just kept saying to myself, that same drill instructor will be the first one to shake my hand on graduation day. And I was right.

A few quick notes, boot camp is now 12 weeks long instead of 13 weeks because they eliminated Team Week from the training schedule. Also, Dress Blues are now being issued to every single recruit, Hotel company who began training a couple weeks ago will be the first ones to have them issued, I had to buy my own. A lot of Marines in my platoon couldn't afford to buy Dress Blues, but after the hell I just went through i'll be damned if I left that island without my blues, so I bought mine.

I am just at a loss for words right now, I have no idea what to even say. I am overwhelmed with emotion.

Semper Fi
PFC Gordon

FistFu68
04-07-07, 01:51 PM
:evilgrin: F-EN~A~MARINE!!!WATCH OUT WORLD,GOD-BLESS 'YA,SEMPER FI:beer:

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-07-07, 01:53 PM
Congrats PFC Gordon. We all knew you would be back here as a Marine. After reading some of the stories posted here we knew you were taking some abuse over stupidity, but it was nothing you couldn't overcome. Now, we just have to get rid of that poolee and get you a PFC stripe as your avitar.

While your home, try to take a picture to update your weight loss thread- show everyone what the end of the journey to be a Marine looks like.

Welcome home, and Semper Fi Marine.

yellowwing
04-07-07, 01:54 PM
Outstanding! Welcome to our and your United States Marine Corps!

http://www.ywg-web.com/images/iwo_jima.jpg

Semper Fi

Integrity57
04-07-07, 01:59 PM
Congratulations on becoming a Marine PFC. Gordon, your story has been a personal inspiration to me and probably countless others. Thank you for showing us what real DETERMINATION is!

Barret
04-07-07, 02:00 PM
Pfc. Gordon, I'm not sure if I would be out of line in saying that you're the most motivating Poolee-to-Marine story I've ever heard of. You, unlike alot of folks that just get to go in and sign the contract, had to work your ass off to even get the chance to sign on the dotted line. You have earned the title, and right now I probably couldn't respect you more.

:iwo: You went through alot of **** to get to the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, and took it all on, successfully. I think every poolee should take a page from your book.

rvillac2
04-07-07, 02:26 PM
PFC Gordon,

Well done and welcome to the Corps. Your fellow Marines all know what it's like in the squadbay. Now you know why we're so close. Shared hell is a strong bond even if our experiences are separated by 10, 20, or 30 years.

Wear that uniform with pride and don't lose your bearing. You are one of the most awesome warriors known to man right now.

Semper Fi,

hawks
04-07-07, 02:33 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't wait till I go, I've been waiting forever.

USMC90
04-07-07, 02:35 PM
I remember lurking around some of you're threads a while back and thinking to myself "This is one motivated individual"... guess I was right! congratulations PFC Gordon on becoming a Marine!

miller36
04-07-07, 02:40 PM
Congratulations!!!

davblay
04-07-07, 02:42 PM
Ooo-Rah Marine! Congrats PFC, I knew you would come through it unscaved! Yes we all know the trials ans tribulations of the "INSIDE THE SQUAD BAY", we've all been there and done that, that's why we are so close with each other now and forever!

Enjoy your leave, spend time with your family and friends, stay focused, and watch your mouth, you ain't on the Island any more! Besides, your family might not appreciate the filthy language you picked up there, ok? That's just for us Marines to share and understand.

Welcome back and welcome to the Marine Corps, good luck during your career!

Semper-Fi :thumbup:

miller36
04-07-07, 02:45 PM
Just wondering... even though they eliminated Team Week from the training schedule, what is Team Week? Is it the week where you are away from your D.I.s in the mess hall?

thedrifter
04-07-07, 03:28 PM
Congratulations Marine!

Ellie

jinelson
04-07-07, 03:32 PM
Congratulations John welcome home Marine. I have seen to getting your membership upgraded to Marine now you will have to change your avatar to Pfc http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/profile.php?do=editavatar Its great to see you back, enjoy your leave we know that you earned it.

Semper Fi

Jim

Kildars
04-07-07, 03:33 PM
Welcome Back Marine :thumbup:

semperfi170
04-07-07, 03:54 PM
Welcome to the greatest band of brothers the world has ever known!:usmc:
Congratulations on making PFC!

temple
04-07-07, 03:59 PM
Congratulations PFC Gordon.
Your story has been an inspiration to many, including myself.
Walk proud, you have earned it.

futureMarine418
04-07-07, 04:10 PM
Congratulations PFC Gordon.

BrentAndrew
04-07-07, 04:14 PM
Congrats!

Master Sephiroth
04-07-07, 06:10 PM
Good job Marine

Marine84
04-07-07, 08:53 PM
Welcome Home Marine! NOW you understand and know what it's all about and you are about to have the greatest few years of your life. Hopefully you'll stay in touch with us during your enlistment, well........as much as you can.

Have fun on your 10 days and don't go ape$h!t eating everything that you haven't for the last 3 months - it will make you sick as a dog. Congratulations, report to Chesty's Hooch ASAP and wear that Eagle, Globe and Anchor PROUD!

Quinbo
04-07-07, 09:03 PM
Outstanding job Marine. Excell in SOI. I'm sure you will do well.

SkilletsUSMC
04-07-07, 09:09 PM
Congrats MARINE! Welcome home, and welcome to the family.

thumper
04-07-07, 10:19 PM
Congratulation MARINE... The torch has been passed; It is now your responsibility to continue the tradition of the FINEST fighting force in the world. :iwo: It is up to you and your fellow graduates to respect and honor the eagle, globe and anchor you earned and continue to the best of your abilities the highest standards established by those who went before you.
CONGRATULATION MARINE...:usmc:

MC88
04-07-07, 11:53 PM
Gordans Family and mine got pictures of us try and get them up here! We graduated in Charlies! o man its strange not being there!

SamJohnston
04-08-07, 06:57 AM
Your posts are motivating as hell. It felt kinda lonely for a while with you not being here but now it's good to see you come back here as a United States Marine. Congratulations.

YLDNDN6
04-08-07, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the Corps new Marines!!! Outstanding job!!!

DWG
04-08-07, 09:47 AM
Congtatulations, MARINE! Now that you've done it ,you can understand why no one can truly explain Boot Camp to someone who hasn't been there! No one would believe it! SEMPER FI, PFC!

:marine:

rb1651
04-08-07, 12:51 PM
Welcome to the Brotherhood, Marine. If there was ever any poolee here that could make it, I knew it would be you. Enjoy your time at home, you've earned it. :thumbup: :flag:

Jly1987
04-08-07, 01:00 PM
congrats, i was in 2025 so im sure ive seen you alot, just cant place a name to a face, feels weird to be home now though, huh?

bigdog43701
04-08-07, 01:17 PM
Mission Accomplished...welcome Marine!

OHHHHHH-RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

maverickmarine
04-08-07, 01:31 PM
Outfreakinstanding! Congrats!

TazMatt
04-08-07, 07:04 PM
Good job PFC Gordon you have been an inspiration to your fellow poolies and now continue on in you endeavor as a lean mean Marine. Congratulations once again and remember no one can ever take away what you have earned. Semper Fi. Sgt.Matt U.S.M.C. 1969-1975

mrbsox
04-08-07, 07:44 PM
:evilgrin: WIPE THAT Fkn SMIRK OFF OF YOUR BHG AND JUST Fkn BEGIN !!:
SO DAMN HAPPY TO BE DIDDYBOBPIN BACK AT THE CRIB YOU DONE FORGOT TO CHANGE YOUR AVATAR.

OK so a little SHOCK factor to remind you that NOW... you have no excuses for not doing Sh!t right.

Fix your display Marine, and remember that EVERYTHING yo do from this day forth, reflects on the Corps, Mine and YOUR Corps.

Welcometo the brotherhood.:usmc:

NOW...

Buy everyone in here (PFC or above) a beer. Or just send us the money :banana:

Reddog0270
04-08-07, 08:37 PM
Great job Accord!

As the others have said, CONGRATULATIONS on gaining the EGA!

Remember to set a good example for WANNABEES like me as we make our way to the yellow footsteps. I'm sure you will!

Enjoy your leave, you earned it.

Good Day,

-Reddog0270

sabbs88
04-08-07, 08:39 PM
goob job bro, congrats.

so i guess ill be graduating with dress blues this september?

WalkingMan
04-08-07, 08:44 PM
Private First Class Gordon, reporting as ordered.

I did it guys, I finally did it. I just graduted from platoon 2024 2nd Bn E Co. at Parris Island yesterday. My drill instructors were Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Perez, Senior Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Damren, Drill Instructor Staff Sergeant Robinson, and Drill Instructor Sergeant Pearson. I did it, I AM A UNITED STATES MARINE I can't even f***ing believe it. This whole thing has been so surreal, on Thursday when my senior drill instructor stepped in front of me and placed that Eagle, Globe, and Anchor in my hand and said "Congratuations Marine" I was crying, my life long dream and it came down to that very moment. Between Thursday receiving my Eagle, Globe, and Anchor and becoming a United States Marine and yesteday marching across the parade deck in an epic Parris Island graduation ceremony, I could not be any happier right now.

PFC Gordon

Contratulations, Marine!

Better get rid of the Poolee Icon and replace it with a PFC Chevron! :)

Semper Fi!