PDA

View Full Version : Goody Bagful Of Dishonor

thedrifter
04-06-07, 11:12 AM
GOODY BAGFUL OF DISHONOR

By RALPH PETERS

April 6, 2007 -- IT WAS a fitting image of the 14 wimps and a sob sister arriving back in the United Kingdom yesterday: skulking away with pink goody bags in hand.

The color was no accident - although yellow would've been more appropriate.

The released hostages weren't allowed to make any more statements. Apparently, the Blair government feared they'd repeat their lavish praise of their Iranian captors.

Look, we're all glad they're home safe, if not necessarily sound. But why on earth is Britain, the land of the legendary stiff upper lip, celebrating cowards who clambered over one another to shame their country?

Wouldn't the Brits do better to make a fuss over the many soldiers of the queen who've served bravely in Iraq and Afghanistan? Why break out the cakes and ale for officers who enthusiastically briefed Iranian propaganda for the TV cameras and who let their subordinates behave as if the Revolutionary Guards were their best pals?

One almost expects that Royal Marine captain and his Navy lieutenant sidekick to receive Victoria Crosses.

In a sharp signal of the difference between our military and the politically beleaguered Brits, our chief of naval operations gave an interview to CNN (which he knows the Iranians watch), making it clear that if Tehran tried such a stunt with our sailors and Marines, we'd feed their thugs to the sharks.

The admiral also stressed that if captured, our troops are still taught to give name, rank, service number - and very little else.

Those blubbering Brits were only playing dress-up in the military uniforms they happily swapped for Iranian loan-shark suits at Wednesday's kissy-face meet-and-greet with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

They hadn't been through the Bataan Death March. They didn't suffer four years in Changi Prison after the fall of Singapore. They didn't spend a five-year lifetime in the Hanoi Hilton. And we have yet to see evidence of torture.

But they started criticizing their own country within days.

Tehran won this match. Hands down. Contrary to the "wisdom" of Western pundits, the hostage catch-and-release strengthened the hard-liners' position and image, both within Iran and throughout the region. Ahmadinejad not only knew how much he could get away with, he knew when to bring down the curtain.

He worked his scam so well, I almost admire the jerk.

Earlier this week, I had dinner with a retired American Marine colonel who worked with and respected the Royal Marines. He could only shake his head.

Several times, he had started to reach for the phone to ask his old counterparts if there was some insider explanation for the conduct of those Cheshire-cheese-eating surrender monkeys gushing their thanks to Ahmadinejad and the Iranian people for all the hospitality.

My friend, a man with a chest full of combat ribbons, never made the call. He knew the answer. And he didn't want to add to the shame of the splendid Royal Marines with whom he'd served.

Ralph Peters is a retired Army officer who has covered multiple conflicts from the front.

Ellie

jetdawgg
04-06-07, 11:26 AM
Ellie,

I trained (and drank heartily) with the British Marines is 1981 just before the Falklands War. I am shocked that they have been reduced to this:

http://www.payvand.com/news/07/apr/British-Sailors-Freed5.jpg

If any US Marine considers anything like those jokers just meet me someplace afterwards. It looks like he is saying next time he will bring some tea:usmc:

10thzodiac
04-06-07, 12:47 PM
Maybe they should do their recruiting from their soccer hooligans that like a good fight ? Keep this up and peace may break out all over...Sheech !!!

"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the real Marines." ~ Chesty Puller

jetdawgg
04-06-07, 12:49 PM
Maybe they should do their recruiting from their soccer hooligans that like a good fight ? Keep this up and peace may break out all over...Sheech !!!

"Take me to the Brig. I want to see the real Marines." ~ Chesty Puller

:D

sloan52
04-06-07, 01:12 PM
I had the honor of serveing with some British Marines, and i respected them cause they were tough and had great respect and honor for there country and ours. I was not only shocked but very disapointed when i heard of this. But know this. Not all british marines are cowards as these were. I still to this day would feel safe haveing a british Marine by my side in battle.

thedrifter
04-06-07, 04:32 PM
Ellie,

I trained (and drank heartily) with the British Marines is 1981 just before the Falklands War. I am shocked that they have been reduced to this:

http://www.payvand.com/news/07/apr/British-Sailors-Freed5.jpg

If any US Marine considers anything like those jokers just meet me someplace afterwards. It looks like he is saying next time he will bring some tea:usmc:

Short story that my late husband told me...

He too worked with the Royal Marines, before the Cubian Crisses..(Now I know that is way back.but he was a lttle bit older than me...winky wink)

A few Marines including him, all went to the pub to meet a few Royals for a little scuttlebug..

Many hours went by and plenty of beer, they were on there way back to base..

Well for some reason, all the US Marines were wearing the Royals jackets, and now You will all can figure that the Royals all were wearing the US ones..

They did have a lot of explaining to do since they all were out of uniform..LOL

The next day, they all had a jacket exchange with all their NCO's at their sides...

Ellie

USMCmailman
04-06-07, 06:34 PM
What a sham!! If it had been OUR Marines, they would probably be dead due to being out numbered, however they would have taken most of the Iranian punks with them!!!
Semper-Fi----HOOOOORAH!
" We're surrounded-----That simplifies the problem!" Gen. Chesty Puller:flag: