PDA

View Full Version : MOS 2643, Cryptologic Linguist

onetwothreefour
04-05-07, 10:36 PM
Hello to all Marines and poolees. I have been in the delayed entry program since last summer and my ship date is June 11th. I was wondering if any of you Marines, former Marines, or anybody has any experience or knows someone who has been in the Crytologic Linguist MOS. I was under Intelligence but then my recruiter called and told me this job was avaliable and I went and took the test and got the job over 5 other guys -I got a 122-. I am really pumped to get this job and go to school in California, I know the school will be really hard but I am motivated to get through. I was just checkin to see if anyone knew what I can expect.

Poolee Trevor Gilmore
RSS Olathe, Kansas

1stRad2671
04-06-07, 04:35 PM
I know all about it, at least the way it was from '97-'03.

Luke86
04-06-07, 04:35 PM
I'm going into the cryptologic linguist program as well. Here is a link to another thread that discusses the field briefly: http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30929&highlight=cryptologic+linguist. MSgtSki is still on active duty as a crypto. linguist and I found him to be very helpful. I suggest sending him a message if you have any questions. I hope this helps you a little.

jetztodernie
04-06-07, 06:05 PM
You do all realize that you are signed up for the 26 field and may end up in the ELINT or Morse MOS, right?

At least, that's what my recruiter told me...

Luke86
04-06-07, 07:04 PM
Not according to the SOU I signed or my recruiter. From everything I’ve been told, the only thing that will keep me out of that MOS is not getting my clearance, and if that is the case I won’t be in 2600 at all. I could always flunk out of one of the schools and get reassigned that way I suppose. And as with anyone else, the needs of the Corps could always bring about reassignment. But since it’s a special program that required a special test that not many people pass or even take, I’m not worried about it. If the job did have to change though, I’d be satisfied in knowing I’m doing what the Corps needs me to do.