PDA

View Full Version : Guantanamo conditions 'worsening' - BBC

jetdawgg
04-05-07, 10:03 AM
&lt;TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0&gt;&lt;TBODY&gt;&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD colSpan=3&gt;Guantanamo conditions 'worsening' <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
&lt;/TD&gt;&lt;/TR&gt;&lt;TR&gt;&lt;TD vAlign=top width=416&gt;&lt;!-- S BO --&gt;&lt;!-- S IIMA --&gt;&lt;TABLE...

killerinstinct
04-05-07, 10:17 AM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3>

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><!-- S BO --><!-- S IIMA --><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42765000/jpg/_42765539_detainee_ap203b.jpg Some of Guantanamo's inmates have been held for five years

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- E IIMA --><!-- S SF --> It said the detainees were reportedly confined to windowless cells for 22 hours a day, only allowed to exercise at night and could go for days without seeing daylight.
The organisation's UK director, Kate Allen, described the process at Guantanamo as "a travesty of justice".

"

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is another thing I don't agree with I like how these humane rights are deemed for people accused of aggression against our country.

It amazes how this report would be said to treating them and placeing them in a windowless cell for 22 hours a day. POOR THINGS (sarcasm) If anyone is familiar with American jails and in high risk people they are in their cells for the same time if not more and only allowed an hour of alone time in the yard??

So if we are doing this to our citizens who have been deemed by unfit to live in society why should we make any difference for others and accused of greater crimes?

Seems to me they are recieving the same treatment as any other criminal in the justice system..

So to put it blunt **** the poeple who did this study as i dont see them standing up for the poeple subjected to the same conditions in jails throughout the country. And i am by no means saying this is too harsh either; do the crime well do the time. And i guess they chose the wrong side to fight on and am sure allah will reward them with 10K virgins after death which I am sure thats what got them to fight against the US in the first place.

I have no sympathy though I do understand the others side.

jetdawgg
04-05-07, 10:31 AM
Hey champ, I think that the problem here is that they are not allowed to any legal representation. Hell I thought that GTMO should have been closed when I served there:D .

Without representation they are held indefinetly and that is the rub. This Iranian situation that just ended puts us even more under the microscope as it shows that Iran (a real enemy) is more humane than the USA.

This is not the America that I remember where countries that violate human rights with daily ease are now surpassing us in that area. Why don't we just take our name off of the Geneva Convention Treaty?

Why don't we take or name off of any human rights treaty that we ever signed? I hate to see America stooping to the level that barbarians and neanderthals cultivate.:usmc:

I know that war is hell. I am a Marine. Torture imo does not get any better information than not using torture. In fact it may be more unreliable as the prisoner may just want the torture to stop and will say anything:flag:

10thzodiac
04-05-07, 10:31 AM
The rule that was set by George Washington in the battle of Trenton on Dec. 25, 1776.

The soldiers of the continental army took the Hessians and said these soldiers are mercenaries and we should take retribution on them. They wanted the Hessians to run the gauntlet and they would beat them with sticks.

"General Washington said we will not do this. He said these people will be treated with respect and dignity and they will suffer no abuse or torture, because to do otherwise would bring dishonor upon our sacred cause."

"That's one of the first orders given to the continental army and that antedates the United States.

It has been military tradition for 240 years, and it was stopped by Donald Rumsfeld."</I>