PDA

View Full Version : INI Interview

ItzAlex
04-04-07, 09:59 PM
For some reason it seems that this thread was deleted during the time when leatherneck.com was down.

But yeah, what exactly is an INI interview? I overherd from a fellow poolee and do I have to request it from my recruiter or is it scheduled for me?

PerXes
04-04-07, 10:49 PM
It should be set up for you. All it is, is they get some basic info from you like where you'll live after Boot Camp, what your MOS is, a phone number, stuff like that. Then they tell you a little bit about what you'll be doing with the unit, and how drills work and everything. Just make sure you show the First Sergeant, or whoever it is that gives it to you respect.

ZSKI
04-05-07, 03:27 AM
Its a reserve requirement, they give you a number to call them(Because there is not a good chance you can report in the time given, my orders gave me about 8 hours to get there.) But its as the Lcpl said, they just interview you and tell you what is going on.

rvillac2
04-05-07, 09:42 AM
LOL...I didn't have the foggiest of what he was talking about until you guys answered him.

It is the I & I interview! the I&I stands for Inspector/Instructor. These are the active duty Marines that staff the reserve center full time. The actual I&I is the CO of the active duty staff. The SNCO/NCOs are just called the I&I staff.

ItzAlex
04-06-07, 09:01 PM
A fellow poolee was also scheduled a tour with his parents of the reserve base... Do I have to ask for that or that also comes with the I&I?

rvillac2
04-07-07, 01:18 AM
You should ask if you can go at the same time with the other poolee.
You can ask to arrange one at another time, too.

This is a show and tell, not a job interview.
For best results, you can ask if you can visit on the Sunday afternoon of a drill weekend. That way you can meet the Reserve Marines at the unit, too.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-07-07, 12:15 PM
You'll talk to a few people, they'll tell you a little about the unit, and make sure you aren't a total moron that may hurt yourself walking back to the parking lot. It isn't anything major. I would wait until you are out of boot camp and assigned to the unit before I had my family looking around- just so you actually know what they are looking at.

ItzAlex
04-07-07, 10:18 PM
You should ask if you can go at the same time with the other poolee.
You can ask to arrange one at another time, too.

This is a show and tell, not a job interview.
For best results, you can ask if you can visit on the Sunday afternoon of a drill weekend. That way you can meet the Reserve Marines at the unit, too.

But the poolee that told me about this has a different MOS than me and placed in a different unit/base entirely. NY has Garden City and Brooklyn. I did ask my recruiter about the I&I, and he said next tuesday he's taking poolees to Garden City. I'm waiting for a schedule to go to Brooklyn.