PDA

View Full Version : Not to Die in Vain (Iraq Withdraw)

echo3oscar1833
04-04-07, 07:04 PM
Hey all,

Here recently I have been watching the news, and all the stuff on President Bush, and his battle with the democrats on funding for the Iraq War, and how they want to cut there losses and make a retreat from Iraq. I have been thinking about this recently and like everyone else I DO NOT!! want my fellow Marines, Soldiers, Airmen, and Saliors to have died in vain. I think a withdraw now with no consideration would be devistating on the Military, its Families, and the Nation as a whole. I have also thought of a personal approach that would work to honor all these men and women and let us leave with heads held high.

1. Do a 2-3 year withdraw, keeping main operating forces intact to allow security, and then pull the last main forces out.

2. Send more advisors, instructors, police, and main combat forces that there sole purpose would be to train, and advise the Iraq Police and Army. If they dont get it after a intense training, and advisement campaign over the next three years well to bad for them.

3. To honor the sacrifice, and dedication to all service members that served during the Iraq War, create some kind of Iraq/War on Terror Victory/Freedom Medal, similar to one that was created for WWI, WWII, that all service members wore to honor those that died, and served. This would be a great step especially to honor those that had been killed to show that they are not forgotten.

4. During, and after the withdraw let the President give a national press conference to the world that America has not been defeated, and that we will continue to fight the War on Terror, and any terrorist, or terrorist supporting nation that attacks America or plots to attack we will hunt them down and punish them.

I would like to add in general you could look at Iraq from two different perspectives.

1. That we have won the War On Terror in Iraq, based on the notion that we toppled a supreme dicator, we pretty much destroyed the country that supported genocide, and terrorism for 100's of years, and we have left the Terrorist infastructure in Iraq on a level to were it is there but its ranks are so torn apart from our never ending determination on hunting them down and killing them. There may be terrorists, but not on the level that they were in Iraq when we started in 2003.

2. You can look on the basis also that we have lost, despite all of our efforts and accomplishments destroying the terror cells, but yet we now have a country that is economic shambels because of the War, and will take the decades to recover from, but yet you have to remember that the country was ecomomically unstable for centurys, and will continue to be for decades. This is something that has been happing for thousands of years and will continue.

In closing the desicion that is here now, and how we feel is up to each individual American, but lets us remember we have seen both sides of this war, we have seen defeat, and victory. And we need to remember that our Fighting American Men, and Women deserve to be honored and without that a withdraw will be a defeat not of Iraq, but of the American Goverment, and a defeat of the American people. So I ask each any every fellow Marine on here not to let this happen we will not, and cannot let a withdraw happen that will disrespect our Brothers, and Sisters that have died. I welcome and comments, suggestions, or ideas from you guys.

davblay
04-04-07, 10:02 PM
What you say makes perfect sense to me! I agree 100%! Semper Fi, my younger brother, Semper Fi!

Amen! :thumbup:

MacAngus
04-05-07, 01:08 AM
You are absolutley right. You speak volumes about whats going on. To bad any newspaper would put it on the cutting floor quicker than $#it because everyones trying to find out who the father of that broads daughter is. Have you thought about at least trying to put that in your local paper?

marinegreen
04-05-07, 02:49 AM
Hey all,

Here recently I have been watching the news, and all the stuff on President Bush, and his battle with the democrats on funding for the Iraq War, and how they want to cut there losses and make a retreat from Iraq. I have been thinking about this recently and like everyone else I DO NOT!! want my fellow Marines, Soldiers, Airmen, and Saliors to have died in vain. I think a withdraw now with no consideration would be devistating on the Military, its Families, and the Nation as a whole. I have also thought of a personal approach that would work to honor all these men and women and let us leave with heads held high.

1. Do a 2-3 year withdraw, keeping main operating forces intact to allow security, and then pull the last main forces out.

2. Send more advisors, instructors, police, and main combat forces that there sole purpose would be to train, and advise the Iraq Police and Army. If they dont get it after a intense training, and advisement campaign over the next three years well to bad for them.
We train our troops in 12 weeks or less,send them to a combat school for a mth or 2 and ship em out to fight,why do they need yrs to train, therefore I disagree with you

3. To honor the sacrifice, and dedication to all service members that served during the Iraq War, create some kind of Iraq/War on Terror Victory/Freedom Medal, similar to one that was created for WWI, WWII, that all service members wore to honor those that died, and served. This would be a great step especially to honor those that had been killed to show that they are not forgotten.
I agree 100% on this one.

4. During, and after the withdraw let the President give a national press conference to the world that America has not been defeated, and that we will continue to fight the War on Terror, and any terrorist, or terrorist supporting nation that attacks America or plots to attack we will hunt them down and punish them.
Whether we stay or leave we're always gonna have the threat of terrorist activity, hell look at our borders,they will never be secure, hell our agenbts and troops hands are tied.

I would like to add in general you could look at Iraq from two different perspectives.

1. That we have won the War On Terror in Iraq, based on the notion that we toppled a supreme dicator, we pretty much destroyed the country that supported genocide, and terrorism for 100's of years, and we have left the Terrorist infastructure in Iraq on a level to were it is there but its ranks are so torn apart from our never ending determination on hunting them down and killing them. There may be terrorists, but not on the level that they were in Iraq when we started in 2003.

2. You can look on the basis also that we have lost, despite all of our efforts and accomplishments destroying the terror cells, but yet we now have a country that is economic shambels because of the War, and will take the decades to recover from, but yet you have to remember that the country was ecomomically unstable for centurys, and will continue to be for decades. This is something that has been happing for thousands of years and will continue.

In closing the desicion that is here now, and how we feel is up to each individual American, but lets us remember we have seen both sides of this war, we have seen defeat, and victory. And we need to remember that our Fighting American Men, and Women deserve to be honored and without that a withdraw will be a defeat not of Iraq, but of the American Goverment, and a defeat of the American people. So I ask each any every fellow Marine on here not to let this happen we will not, and cannot let a withdraw happen that will disrespect our Brothers, and Sisters that have died. I welcome and comments, suggestions, or ideas from you guys.

I hope with my comment folks wont think I'm disrespecting my brothers and sisters in arms but you cant get involved in a civil war that has been going on for centuries. Look at all the genocide going on in other countries, how come were not there ??? I'm torn between whats right and whats wrong with us being in Iraq. You have Iran supplying the terrorist, and I'm thinking alot of other countries that we dont know about who despise the U.S. I think we need to step back some on our We're the Boss and the most powerful superpower therory, hell look what happened to the so called superpower Russia while they were in Afganistan for those 10 yrs,they got there buts kicked all day and all nite long by some rag tag sheep herders. If anything I say give it another yr and if theres no progress then we need to back out.

davblay
04-05-07, 10:48 AM
I hope with my comment folks wont think I'm disrespecting my brothers and sisters in arms but you cant get involved in a civil war that has been going on for centuries. Look at all the genocide going on in other countries, how come were not there ??? I'm torn between whats right and whats wrong with us being in Iraq. You have Iran supplying the terrorist, and I'm thinking alot of other countries that we dont know about who despise the U.S. I think we need to step back some on our We're the Boss and the most powerful superpower therory, hell look what happened to the so called superpower Russia while they were in Afganistan for those 10 yrs,they got there buts kicked all day and all nite long by some rag tag sheep herders. If anything I say give it another yr and if theres no progress then we need to back out.
The Congress is allowing more time than that, yet the Bush administration don't want to hear it! I agree with you guys 100%! Let the Civil war go its course then deal with whatever government is set up then! War can and will break us, and they are willing to wait us out! They have the money and the time! We Don't!