PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warrior Center

Dave Coup
04-04-07, 04:56 PM
I just returned from a visit to the Wounded Warrior Center at Camp Pendleton. I went with a friend who is a retired Sgt. Major. The purpose of our trip initially was to support/cheer wounded vets. As it turned out all the guys were on work details or at clinics for treatment. While there we started talking to Gy. Sgt. Mel Greer the NCOIC of the Center and went on a tour of the place and I must say it is outstanding. Most of the stuff there for the troops entertainment is donated which brings me to the point of this post. I'm looking for ideas for fundraisers for the Center and affiliated Help Centers for wounded vets. I have some ideas already but welcome any you guys can send my way.
Thanks in advance.
If anyone would like to contact Gunny Greer his E mail is melgreer@med.navy.mil or purplehearts@mycingular.blackberry.net
Gunny Greer by the way is himself a wounded vet and paralyzed from the knee down on his right side.

Semper Fidelis

Dave Coup

yellowwing
04-04-07, 05:19 PM
How about approaching the Airline Pilots Association (http://www.alpa.org/)? Many of them are Veterans and we always hear about their air crews bending over backwards to accommodate our Warriors. Or perhaps they can point you in a helpful direction.

Dave Coup
04-04-07, 10:54 PM
Thanks Wing

SF

Dave