PDA

View Full Version : Yale trio charged in city flag burning incident

thedrifter
04-04-07, 02:12 PM
04/04/2007 <br />
Yale trio charged in city flag burning incident <br />
William Kaempffer, Mary E. O’Leary and Randy Beach , Register Staff <br />
<br />
-NEW HAVEN — Three Yale University students are charged with...

hrscowboy
04-04-07, 05:13 PM
Good deal I hope they burn there asses, this is not about the right to protest it is out right arson because they didnt own the flag. If they had owned the flag maybe just maybe they could have gotten away with the burning of the flag but since they didnt own it DUE THE TIME *******S AND PAY THE FINE.

yellowwing
04-04-07, 05:29 PM
Come on Jim where's the Frog? :D

File this one under "Just Desserts"

YLDNDN6
04-04-07, 05:37 PM
Come and burn MY flag, you foreign hippie trash...there won't be enough left of you to charge with anything...

jinelson
04-05-07, 11:08 AM
LOL Micheal your right this rates Froggy big time!

Jim

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/froglaffing.gif

bigdog43701
04-05-07, 11:35 AM
it's amazing when you think of it. the supreme court says that they have this right (it's covered under freedom of expression). so do i have to right to express myself by punching them in the c*cks*cker?

gwladgarwr
04-05-07, 12:15 PM
It doesn't surprise me at all that all three are foreign-born. <br />
<br />
For the Pakistani-born American citizen Akbar Said, he should be put on trial for trespassing, arson, and reckless endangerment,...

drumcorpssnare
04-05-07, 12:42 PM
I'd bring all three of 'em to the top of the tallest building in town. Handcuff them, back-to-back; arms intertwined. Chain a bunch of cinder blocks to their ankles. Stab them in the back numerous time...each. Shoot each one in the back of the head. Douse them all with gasoline, light 'em on fire, and push them off the building.

When the police arrived, they could scratch their heads and proclaim, "Damndest case of suicide we ever saw!":D
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

Sonar5
04-05-07, 01:32 PM
Actually the Supreme Court does not say they have this right at all. <br />
<br />
This was a crime. <br />
<br />
If you read the article, they allegedely trespassed, commited criminal acts to steal the flag, then...

yellowwing
04-06-07, 07:36 AM
There were just so freakin stupid about it! Asking a Policeman for directions during the crime? :nerd:

The Judge should give them an extra 3 months for being plain idiots.

bigdog43701
04-06-07, 07:41 AM
sonar...back during the 1970's the Supreme Court DID say that burning the US flag was "a form of expression" therefor covered under the Constitution.

agreed, they broke the law by traspassing and stealing the flag, however, if the flag was purchased by them then nothing would have happened.

10thzodiac
04-06-07, 08:53 AM
It's lucky for them they didn't try that stunt in Pakistan or Greece with their flag !!!

"We have enjoyed so much freedom for so long that we are perhaps in danger of forgetting how much blood it cost to establish the Bill of Rights."
~ Felix Frankfurter

"If you can't burn down your post office or stab your senator for any reason you are not free." ~ Thomas Jefferson

rktect3j
04-06-07, 09:48 AM
Just expel and deport as quickly as possible.

USMCmailman
04-06-07, 07:44 PM
I'd bring all three of 'em to the top of the tallest building in town. Handcuff them, back-to-back; arms intertwined. Chain a bunch of cinder blocks to their ankles. Stab them in the back numerous time...each. Shoot each one in the back of the head. Douse them all with gasoline, light 'em on fire, and push them off the building.

When the police arrived, they could scratch their heads and proclaim, "Damndest case of suicide we ever saw!"
drumcorpssnare

I LIKE IT ALOT !!! Only do it SLOW!!!!!!!!!!:marine: :banana: :yes:

Sgt Leprechaun
04-08-07, 06:14 PM
Basically, they've committed not only arson, but at the minimum, tresspassing, and destruction of private property. In MY state, it wouldn't be a matter of 'expression', it's a matter of property...

yellowwing
04-08-07, 09:27 PM
We got patriotic inmates?

YLDNDN6
04-09-07, 06:11 AM
Each one of them should be held down and have the flag tattooed on their foreheads...then prison...then deported...

Gary Hall
04-09-07, 06:30 AM
I would honestly vote for and support changing the law regarding public disrepect for the American Flag (and any US State Flag) to immediate public flogging, right up to the point of near-death for the offense, followed by subsequent dumping of the remains in the street, or at the scene of the disrespect. Gary Hall, W-3-1, 50 - 51, Tyler, TX.