PDA

View Full Version : Elliot's beach PISC

thumper
03-28-07, 11:29 AM
I recently had the opportunity to attend my cousins son graduate PISC. While on board I tried to find the location of Elliot's beach. When I went through basic, our written test near the end of third phase were conducted at this area during an encampment. I didn't have the opportunity to speak with any of the DI's, but I did have the opportunity to speak to a young Lance Corporal who had no clue. This area may be part of the crucible now or reclaimed by weeds and brush. Just curious on this little piece of my PISC experience.

skyhawker
03-28-07, 11:41 AM
I beat you to Elliots Beach, images/smilies/smile.gifWas there in April 1960. rained every day.:p:p

thumper
03-28-07, 12:02 PM
Skyhawker, where was this area on the island? I think is was in the same general direction as the WM barracks, but then again I can remember marching almost 20 minutes to reach a location, which in my recent visit, I found to be less then 50 meters from our barracks.

drumcorpssnare
03-28-07, 12:05 PM
Ah, the memories... Elliot's Beach, PISC was, I believe, named after a Commandant of the early 20th century.
I too, was given my "practical testing" near the end of 3rd phase at Elliot's beach. As I recall, it included "hands-on" testing in a variety of subjects that included:
Map & Compass
First Aid
Squad Tactics
Field & Marching Packs
Bayonet training
Hand and Arm Signals
M-14/M-16 Assembly-Disassembly

and written/verbal testing on:
Chain of Command
Rank Structure
Marine Corps History
General Orders
Weapons Nomenclature

This was followed by a "Forced March" back to "Mainside" with rifles and full packs.
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

bigdog43701
03-28-07, 12:59 PM
if i recall correctly Elliots Beach was past the range. i remember marching past 3d Bn area and the range while going to it. M-14 and full Field Marching Pack. ahhh memories.

DWG
03-28-07, 01:06 PM
I remember being TOLD we were going to Elliots' Beach, :banana: but I sure as hell don't recall being any where near what I would have called a beach! :( But if the DIs' had told us to start surfing, we would have! I really have no idea of where it was, just deep boonies, lotsa bugs, high humidity (even for me)! I think it was just a figment of our reality, as FF86 would say!:D