PDA

View Full Version : Choice of Duty Station

bclark2137
03-27-07, 02:06 PM
How does the Marine Corps determine where I will be stationed? My MOS is 0351, and I know that that will be an important factor, but do I have any choice as to where i'm stationed?

Phantom Blooper
03-27-07, 02:09 PM
Unless you are reserve the needs of the Marine Corps wins!:evilgrin:

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-27-07, 02:11 PM
You will probably be able to request where you go, but you will be stationed where the Corps needs you. Just about every infantry Marine that I know was stationed on the coast where they went to SOI and boot camp. So, if you go to PI, there is a good chance you'll be sent to Lejeune. If you go to SD you have a better chance of being sent to Pendleton or 29 Palms.

bclark2137
03-27-07, 02:14 PM
OK. Thanks for your input. I was just wondering because I will be going to MCRD at San Diego, but since I was born in Camp Lejeune, I would like to, some day, be stationed there at some point.

killerinstinct
03-27-07, 04:27 PM
at the end of my school we got a wish list.. 1. east coast 2. west coast. 3. overseas.

we then put a number of our preferences 1 being want we wated and 3 being last resort.

Genereally most of us got what we wanted. but we didnt expect to get it.

As far as the Lejune thing if you dont get that I am sure if you choose to reup you could work that into your reenlistment. they give a lot of thigns for peeps who reenlist like goign to schoolsi.e. jump schools lots of ways to get rentention