PDA

View Full Version : N.C.-based Marine killed in Iraq

thedrifter
03-27-07, 05:39 AM
N.C.-based Marine killed in Iraq

Mar 26, 2007 : 10:47 pm ET

MASSENA, N.Y. -- A 21-year-old Marine based at Camp Lejeune, N.C., has been killed in Iraq, family and friends said.

Henry W. Bogrette, from Richville, was a military policeman. His grandmother, Joan Neuman, said two Marines in dress uniforms came to her door early Friday to tell her that Bogrette had been killed Thursday in Iraq.

He was assigned to Combat Logistics Battalion 6, 2nd Marine Corps Logistics Group, II Marine Expeditionary Force, based at Camp Lejeune.

A graduate of Hermon-DeKalb Central School, he spoke to students last fall about the realities of war, Superintendent Ann Adams said.

"He talked to the kids for a long time, and everyone really got something out of it," Adams said. "It was brave of him to talk about those things, and everyone agreed that it's time to think about ending this war."

Neuman said she had raised Bogrette and his siblings after their father was killed in a car accident in 1990.

"This is wrong, and I hated the fact that he was over there. But I know that's what he wanted. And I am so proud of him for that," she said.

Officials with the 2nd Marine Corps Logistics Group said Bogrette joined his unit April 10, 2005. He was less than a month into his second tour of duty in Iraq when he was killed.

In addition to his grandmother, survivors include his brother, Jeffrey, a Marine based at Camp Pendleton, Calif.; and three sisters, Susie Bogrette of South Carolina, Shannon Bogrette of Wichita, Kan., and Jackie Bogrette of Massena, N.Y.

Ellie