PDA

View Full Version : Big question: Scout sniper, Joining Marines, What happens after?

Trigger92
03-26-07, 07:09 PM
hello, im 14 at the moment my birth date is 11/13/92. I know its a little early for me to be looking into the military and all the options. But i would like some honest answers if thats ok. First off what happens at the recruiting station, tests etc, what happens after your recruited(shipping off etc.) Second can anyone tell me information in the Scout Sniper department or links. Third what happens after the marines, Jobs, pay etc. Any tips for daily working-out, or for preparing for the marines etc.? Also i dont have 20/20 vision im not quite sure what my vision is, but i only need glasses to see the class room projecter board, And too see things very far away, or for my vision anyways. Any information would be appriciated.

thedrifter
03-26-07, 07:23 PM
Profile Please

Trigger92
03-26-07, 08:04 PM
updated a few minutes ago

Trigger92
03-26-07, 08:14 PM
oh and also, i have mild asthma i have an enhailer but i dont use it often, what is the policy for asthma

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-26-07, 09:45 PM
Asthma can disqualify you. The last policy I heard was that you could not use an enhaler after age 12. Of course, you can get a test done on your lungs, if you pass you can enlist. It isn't hopeless, I have asthma and I made it. But, it is an obstacle.

This whole forum and the poolee forum is full of information about the recruiting process and what happens at boot camp. It is impossible to list it all in one thread.

There are hundreds of people that want to be Scout Snipers. But, the Marine Corps just doesn't really need that many. If you want to be a sniper, enlist as an infantry Marine, be the best Marine you can be, and you may have a chance. You'll have to have very good scores on the rifle range and the physical fitness test to have a chance.

rvillac2
03-26-07, 10:34 PM
Best thing to prepare right now?
Do well in school.
Stay physically active.
Join a team sport.
Join Young Marines.
Stay out of trouble.
Don't get any tattoos.

davblay
03-26-07, 11:44 PM
Be the best student at your school, earn any and all awards you can get, enroll in JROTC, PT every day, build your body strength, read and learn everything you can get your hands on about the Corps, In general, just be a good guy and stay out of trouble! The rest will take care of itself! You seem motivated right now, if you keep that motivation, you will be one heck of a Marine, one of these days! GOOD LUCK! :yes:

ebcole
03-27-07, 12:26 AM
:usmc:Please remember, you are not allowed to die for your country; but to assist your emeny in dying for theirs.

Marine84
03-27-07, 07:38 AM
:usmc:Please remember, you are not allowed to die for your country; but to assist your emeny in dying for theirs.

OOHRAH!

Trigger92
03-27-07, 04:35 PM
nice guys thanks for the responses just to clear things up with eye sight any asthma, i could run a could distance and my asthma wouldnt kick in, but also when i was 3 and 4 i had 2 asthma attacks, i dont think they were serious but i had to go in an ambulance one time. But i dont even carry and enhailer around with me anymore havent since i was 12 or 13, second my eye sight isnt blurry or anything without glasses, i just cant see very long distances, well i take that back i can a little but i cant make out what the object is.

Trigger92
03-27-07, 04:36 PM
wow... my spelling and vocab wasnt very good in that last post, just fill in the blanks.

Trigger92
03-27-07, 04:38 PM
oh and also, at my high school i do have JROTC but i dont know if im down with the uniform exspecially as a freshman, but its definately something i will try out

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-27-07, 06:48 PM
trigger, if wearing a uniform bothers you so much, maybe you need to look into a different line of work.

Phantom Blooper
03-27-07, 07:10 PM
at my high school i do have JROTC but i dont know if im down with the uniform exspecially as a freshman, but its definately something i will try out

You any kin to Roy Rogers?

Trigger92
03-27-07, 07:24 PM
when i say uniforms and problems, i dont have a problem with uniforms. But its hard enough being a teenager and going to highschool, you get my drift?

Phantom Blooper
03-27-07, 08:09 PM
you get my drift?

No I don't! If you are interested in the Marine Corps or any military service even at your age I would be proud to wear the uniform of my JROTC or any other organization that is out there, et. Young Marines,Boy Scouts...the list is many.

Be cool on Saturday & Sunday!

JROTC cadets, don't wear the uniform 5 days a week. But the benefits of these organizations are many. You will find that when you join a military service regardless of which one, that what the kid next door thinks no longer fits into your lifestyle. And the old saying,"Women like men in uniform" is true.:banana:

You have a few years to go so as stated by a previous poster live your life as best you can,stay out of trouble ,keep up your grades and do the best you can until you are 17 or 18 years of age eligible to enlist.

"You can't run with the big dogs if you **** like a puppy.":evilgrin:

Trigger92
03-27-07, 08:59 PM
ha, nice phantom

ebcole
03-28-07, 04:18 AM