PDA

View Full Version : Protect your rights...

thedrifter
02-23-03, 07:39 AM
Don't let this happen in America. It is up to us..... See ya, Chuck... <br />
<br />
By Robert A. Waters - <br />
<br />
You're sound asleep when you hear a thump outside your bedroom door. Half awake, and nearly...

mrbsox
02-23-03, 08:09 AM
I'm sure you've heard them all ...

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns" is one that makes sense, to me.

You don't have to be a gun owner to believe in what's right. The RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS is the right to defend ones self, family, and property, as well as their Country.

I do not have the stats, but posted in this place some where (hey bones... you'r up :p) are death rates by LAW ABIDING CITIZENS with guns, vs. those of Dr's, drunk drivers, and others.

The American people have let 'legalistics' define what is right and wrong. LEGAL isn't always RIGHT. If you DON"T defend your rights, NOW, WE'LL have no rights to defend us, later.

Enough for this soap box episode: :D

Semper Fi; to Corps AND Country

SHOOTER1
02-23-03, 05:27 PM
And now you know why, that during the WW11 , the Brits,placed ads in all the papers in America, asking US citizens to donate any weapons they could, so that Briton could defend herself from Germany,there was an article in a paper a long time back about it, I forgit how many thousands of guns of all descriptions were sent , of course if the tables were turned and we were to need them, we know who not to ask, No Disrespect for our overseas friends in Uniform, they know the score all to well.

wrbones
02-23-03, 05:45 PM
Sorry, Sox. I don't feel like looking thru 1600 posts in the slop shute's "chuckles of the day." :D It's in there somewhere!

mrbsox
02-23-03, 06:14 PM
Here's part... as posted by firstsgtmike !!

A. The number of physicians in the US is 700,000. (seven hundred
thousand)

B. Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year is 120,000.

C. Accidental deaths per physician is 0.171. (US Dept. of Health & Human Services)

Then think about this:

A. The number of gun owners in the US is 80,000,000. (eighty million)

B. The number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups) is 1,500.

C. The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is .0000188.

Statistically, doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

FACT: NOT EVERYONE HAS A GUN, BUT ALMOST EVERYONE HAS AT LEAST ONE DOCTOR.

Please alert your friends to this alarming threat. We must ban doctors before this gets out of hand. As a public health measure they have withheld the statistics on lawyers for fear that the shock could cause people to seek medical attention

Came from '... self defense' thread back in Dec. I'll keep looking.

Sgt Sostand
02-23-03, 10:52 PM
Protect your rights... with a Wheatherby 300 Mag with a Unertl 10XTactical scope

David Schultz
02-23-03, 11:53 PM
Here in TX you can get a concealed had gun license. You take a class and then a test, and a firing range test. You give them your finger prints and a pass port photo which is sent to the state gov and put on file. Then the gov checks you out. It was 3 months before I got mine. Now I carry a pistol with me all the time. Eather on me or in my truck or car. Even when I ride my Harley I carry one. I think all the states should be this way, some are. If you want to have a weapon you will have one no matter what the law is or if your a good guy or bad guy. You have to pay to play.

firstsgtmike
02-24-03, 12:01 AM
In California it takes two weeks to get a gun permit.

It takes six months to get a divorce.

Decisions. Decisions. Decisions. Don't bother me, I'm thinking!

firstsgtmike
02-24-03, 01:14 AM
A message from the "Old Corps".

Barrio_rat
02-24-03, 01:16 AM
Best bumper sticker I ever saw read; Guns Don't Kill People... Postal Workers Do!

In Oregon, we have about the same setup as Texas. The media was all against it - after it became law and people started getting their Concealed Hangun Licenses the crime rate dropped dramatically. Though, the State Of Portland (If ya lived here you'd know why we call it that) and the great county of Multoma enacted a law that all firearms being transported, except the ONE that was legally concealed, had to be disassembled. This law passed with little or no fanfare - many a hunter travelling through to go up in the mountains lost their hunting rifles because of this law. And they wonder why I want to move to Idaho.... Hell, I'm only 3 miles away, might as well cross the border and still have my rights rather than a city some 400 miles away telling me how to live.

When I was taking Health at OSU we coverred most of the social and envrionmental problems of the day - boy was I ever a thorn. Ha! This was in 94. Went over the statistics of deaths in the United States. Of all deaths, 2% were from accidents. Of all accidents, 1% were firearm realated. Kinda blows the "you're 45 times more likely to shoot a loved one than a criminal if you have a gun in the house" out of the water.

eddief
02-24-03, 10:35 AM
The New World Order is coming, and guns in the hands of civilians will come to an end. Better have your spiritual house in order.

Sgt Sostand
02-24-03, 04:08 PM
eddief
say The New World Order is coming, and guns in the hands of civilians will come to an end. Better have your spiritual house in order.

well eddief i live in Marine World

Protect your rights... with a Wheatherby 300 Mag with a Unertl 10XTactical scope

Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Art Petersn
02-24-03, 06:41 PM
Today we mourn the passing of an old friend, by the name of Common <br />
Sense. Common Sense lived a long life but died recently in the <br />
United States. No one really knows how old he was, since his birth...

David Schultz
02-24-03, 08:04 PM
Verry well said.

SHOOTER1
02-24-03, 08:48 PM
Now Art, thats what I call a good read,Ive carried a gun since I was 16,(lived in the Bay Area) and leaglly since 1970 when I joined the Seattle Police Dept., yes I know, didnt need one, but felt better for having, have never let it lapse, soon will come a time when if you havent had one, you wont be able to git one,takes 14 days to git one here in Wa. good for 5 years.