PDA

View Full Version : Platoon 289 Mcrd 1964

joeski
03-26-07, 02:09 PM
Looking for anyone in our platoon Sgt. Lincoln Platoon Leader, Sgt. J.R. Volner and Cpl. Sittner JDIs:evilgrin:

NormLee
05-25-10, 06:55 AM
Joe,

Yeah I was there.

Good old JC Lincoln.

So what's new?

NormLee

joeski
05-25-10, 09:08 AM
Man great to hear from somone from the good old days, There was another marine that responed but what he said didn't make sence.I looked in my book and wasn't able to find your name, except if your last name was Westergard, Write Me back I would like to talk.
Joe Siglawski
aka Joe Szcziglowski
Joesig24@yahoo.com

NormLee
05-26-10, 05:27 AM
Joe,

Yep, its me.

So what's up with you?

And who are we talking about in our Platoon?

Norman

joeski
05-26-10, 03:02 PM
Hay Norm,
Thanks for writeing back, there is so munch I would like to ask, I lucked out going to
81 mm's 0341 and sent to 3/1 and later got transferred to 2/1 and went over seas with them. After Harvest Moon transferred to 2/7 who I stayed with till I left Vietnam. There is one more person that was in our platoon that lives here in the same city, (South Bend In) I have ran into him a few times but he didn't seem to want to talk. His name is Dave Guzki,(I think that is how it is spelled) The other guy I was telling you about is ( I Think was Jim Rooth) he is in letherneck asking if any one was in Paltoon 289 but his bootcamp days didn't match up. He seemed like a nice guy but stopped e-mailing, and havent herd from him sence. We did loose some of our platoon to KIA, I have there names and remember them well. I did get a copy of my military records, if you would be interested, I could scan the places I was and e-mail them to you, mabe we served somwhere together and didn't know it. By the way, where do you live? my wife and I are going to kingman Az next week, are you anywhere close?. Well it is a small world, like you I am retired now and loving it. You take care and looking forward to hear back from you.
Joe
Joesig24@yahoo.com (http://us.mc821.mail.yahoo.com/mc/compose?to=Joesig24@yahoo.com)