PDA

View Full Version : I am curious.....

wannabe1987
03-25-07, 03:50 PM
Hi I just want to present myself to you fine gentlemen and women serving our country as a boy that needs help. My friend enlisted in the Marines on June 28,2006 and leaves to bootcamp June18,2007. He enlisted as active duty then. Is there any way he can change to reserve because he wants to go to college. Thank you for your input. I told my friend about this website so he might ask the same question when he signs up.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-25-07, 05:04 PM
Until he leaves he isn't locked in to anything. But, time is important since he has been in the DEP for 9 months already. If he wants to change anything, he needs to get it done quickly.

He just needs to tell his recruiter what he wants to do, and they can make it happen. Depending what reserve bases are in the area, he may or may not have to change jobs to something that is available to a reservist.

wannabe1987
03-25-07, 05:32 PM
Thank you sir for your input. He chose Aviation Electronics. Do you know if that is available to reservists. If not are any Aviation jobs available.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-25-07, 06:32 PM
It will depend on IF there is an Aviation unit nearby to him that he can drill with. If not, it will not be an option.

sgt tony
03-25-07, 08:32 PM
But the easy answer to your post is he can go to school on active duty. He will have the job he wants and go to school also. Then he will have the best of both worlds.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-25-07, 09:44 PM
SSgt, it isn't really the same. I went to school when I was on active duty and know that you can't really get much done. A class here and a class there isn't making very good progress.

Regardless, reservists are limited as to what jobs are close to them. They have every job that active duty Marines have but they are spread out across the country.

wannabe1987
03-26-07, 11:11 AM
thank you for everyones input ill be sure to tell him