PDA

View Full Version : Unsure if is a concern or not...

Black Heart
03-25-07, 01:57 AM
Ok im in DEP of course, and passed all the physicals at MEPS with either perfect or near perfect results. But i have something that i seek clarification on. When i was 8 my step father was very abusive and paper sprayed me badly directly into my eyes for about 10 seconds straight. (Doesnt seem long.. but feels like enternity...) and after that my vision was worsened immensely. I saw everything in a blurr or unclear to the age of 9 1/2. Within that Year i use to get my eyes tested and failed about 3-8 eye exams because of that incident. But when i turned 10-11 my eyes got MUCH MUCH MUCH better. Better than ever before. My vision is now 20/20 in my left eye and 20/10 in my right. And it still is to that day. For the moment of Truth should i let my recuriter know that?? and at Paris Island when i go.. should i also tell the DI's? because i dont want something showing up in my medical records saying ive failed eye exams before.. and i didnt let em know.. But since that time ive passed every single last eye exam since then. Probably around 10-25... is this a cause for alarm.. or am i ok?? i didnt get any surgeries nor do i have any scarring whats so ever... so am i in the clear??

GySgtRet
03-25-07, 05:22 AM
The only point of concern would be is there any damage. If I were you I would get a through eye exam and explain to the optomitrist or opthamoligist what happened and when. After that exam you can put it to rest. Then there would be no doubt in your mind.

Good luck.

Marine84
03-25-07, 08:01 AM
The only point of concern would be is there any damage. If I were you I would get a through eye exam and explain to the optomitrist or opthamoligist what happened and when. After that exam you can put it to rest. Then there would be no doubt in your mind.

Good luck.

ditto

SkilletsUSMC
03-25-07, 10:47 AM
Either way, SOMEDAY you need to go whoop your stepdads ass! Preferably after 4 years of honorable service, but damn... OC spray is NOT A TOY, and not exactly a tool to dicipline a child. I would rather take a haymaker punch to the face from Iron Mike, then get OC'd again.

Marine84
03-25-07, 12:39 PM
Either way, SOMEDAY you need to go whoop your stepdads ass!

OOPS! Testosterone spill!

Sometimes the best way to get even is to shut your mouth, be the one to break the chain of abuse, become somebody and go back and show them that what they did to you earlier in life didn't F__k you up for the rest of it.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-25-07, 05:10 PM
Nah, I agree with Skillets. Sometimes you just have to get some payback.

But, GySgtRet was exactly correct. Just get it all checked out and make sure you won't have more problems. I would hate to find out that being exposed to CS gas could cause the symptoms to all come back for you, but it would be better to know and not enlist than to not know and have it happen.

SkilletsUSMC
03-25-07, 05:38 PM
OOPS! Testosterone spill!

Sometimes the best way to get even is to shut your mouth, be the one to break the chain of abuse, become somebody and go back and show them that what they did to you earlier in life didn't F__k you up for the rest of it.

Marine84 you may believe turning the other cheek is the bigger thing to do and that is honorable, but if that were really the case and knowing that violence only begats more violence, then the the best way to train Marines is to have them meditate and find their inner child all day dong. We could have broken the cycle of terrorism by just continuing on with our lives. Or maybe I shouldnt have shot back at the Muj who blew me up and shot at me.:D

Call it a testosterone spill, inmaturity, call it breaking the law. Payback/revenge is a part (maybe a bad part) of being or becoming a Man. Lets not mention a Marine.

GySgtRet
03-25-07, 06:14 PM
couldn't hurt. This guy was just stupid and mean to do that to somebody, especally YOUNG BOY. Not a model dad that is for sure.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-25-07, 06:34 PM
No. I would have had serious 'issues' with that stellar performer had I been called to that house for his 'Domestic dispute'. I'm afraid he would have had several 'accidents' enroute to the Detention center. It's truly amazing how clumsy folks can be!