PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question about stuff at MEPS

hawks
03-25-07, 01:52 AM
I was thinking and I do not think that I filled out my papers right at MEPS, I remember when I got there we filled out something about our Medical History. Is there any way I can check to see if I got everything down, I think that I missed out 1 or 2 things. Nothing major, but I do not want it to come back and haunt me. Should I just tell my recruiter and have him call MEPS or what?

davblay
03-25-07, 09:12 AM
I was thinking and I do not think that I filled out my papers right at MEPS, I remember when I got there we filled out something about our Medical History. Is there any way I can check to see if I got everything down, I think that I missed out 1 or 2 things. Nothing major, but I do not want it to come back and haunt me. Should I just tell my recruiter and have him call MEPS or what?

As an old recruiter, I think your Recruiter would appreciate it. Then if there might be a problem maybe he can bit it in the bud! ;)

AMT
04-05-07, 09:02 PM
Yeah, definitely talk to your recruiter. And if you don't really trust him, talk directly to the MEPS liasions. I just got sent home as a fraud because my recruiter got me all excited about being a Marine and then kind of manipulated me into lying about asthma and stuff, saying that I got diagnosed really young and that I really didn't have asthma. Then I got to the island, and started having all these problems breathing and ended up getting sent home. I don't know. I'm sure there are good recruiters out there, but about 90% of the frauds I met at boot camp, their recruiters told them to lie. (Only like one of them was a big enough of a punk though to rat her recruiter out though). It's not worth it to lie. Everyone when you get there is a "little piece of ****" (Drill Instructor's words, not mine). And then most of them become Marines. If you lie to get there, you don't get to make that transformation. You'll just be a little piece of **** forever. Sorry about how long this post is. I just wanna keep anybody I can from making the same mistake I did. Today was the day I was supposed to get my EGA, so I'm a little down. Anyway, just get it straightened out, become a Marine. I can't imagine how awesome the feeling is.

Echo_Four_Bravo
04-05-07, 10:29 PM
AMT, fill out your profile- it isn't an option.

And good for you for having the gear to come in and admit to your mistake and not try to blame it on someone else- which is what I think you did. Hope everything turns out alright for you in the long run.