PDA

View Full Version : Marine From Northern New York Dies in Iraq

thedrifter
03-24-07, 08:00 PM
Marine From Northern New York Dies in Iraq
1010 WINS New York

MASSENA, N.Y. (1010 WINS) -- A 21-year-old Marine from northern New York has been killed in Iraq, according to family and friends.

Henry W. Bogrette, from Richville, was a military policeman. His grandmother, Joan Neuman, said two Marines in dress uniforms came to her door early Friday to tell her that Bogrette had been killed Thursday in Iraq.

A graduate of Hermon-DeKalb Central School, he spoke to students last fall about the realities of war, Superintendent Ann Adams said.

``He talked to the kids for a long time, and everyone really got something out of it,'' Adams said. ``It was brave of him to talk about those things, and everyone agreed that it's time to think about ending this war.''

Andrea Hazelton, a friend from home and MySpace pal, said by e-mail that Bogrette took pride in being a Marine in Iraq.

Neuman said she had raised Bogrette and his brothers and sisters after their father was killed in a car accident in 1990. He has two siblings in the military. ``This is wrong, and I hated the fact that he was over there. But I know that's what he wanted. And I am so proud of him for that,'' she said.

Richville is 102 miles northeast of Syracuse.

Ellie