PDA

View Full Version : ROLEPLAYING @ Fort Polk-JRTC, Louisiana

3077India
03-24-07, 09:27 AM
Last month I finally got on Fort Polk as a roleplayer helping to train our troops that are deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan. Since I can't join the fight because of my age, I feel that I am making a contribution and hopefully something they learn in training @ JRTC may bring them back home alive.

This month we had the 82nd Airborne in for the rotation. Reportedly they did well against the Opposing Forces (ie 509th), but that assessment seems dubious to me since the OC's (ie Observer/Controllers) have been observed shooting several members of the 509th. My concern is that since the OC's are supposed to be neutral, which they haven't been, how are their actions helping our boys and girls? They won't have that sort of advantage over there. I would rather have them make their mistakes here and learn from them, because if they make mistakes over there someone could die. And I'm not the only roleplayer with these concerns.

Ok I'm finished venting. I really do love my job as a roleplayer - long hours, no stress, great pay ($12.68/hr).:banana: