PDA

View Full Version : Perfect score??

bigfoot1188
03-23-07, 05:17 PM
alright so I was reading some posts the other day and read the one about PFT scores. When I read it some reply said that you get 5 points per pull up and 1 point per sit up and then 100 for the 18:00 min 3 mile...so i was wondering if you do over 20 pull ups and over 100 sit ups do you get extra points...say like you dont run the 18:00 3 mile could extra sit ups and pull ups counter it to get that perfect score??

Also I was reading the post about medals and dog tags and such during boot. Now are you still allowed to wear religous medals/ necklaces. I mean I have read what you can and cannot bring but it says you can bring religous medals and I was wondering if that has changed?

awb5711
03-23-07, 05:44 PM
300 is the highest score you can get. You can get 100pts for pullups, 100pts for crunches, and 100pts for the 3mile run. You cannot get extra points for more than 20 pullups or 100 crunches. You must max out each event to attain a perfect score.

Allen870922
03-24-07, 10:11 AM
alright so I was reading some posts the other day and read the one about PFT scores. When I read it some reply said that you get 5 points per pull up and 1 point per sit up and then 100 for the 18:00 min 3 mile...so i was wondering if you do over 20 pull ups and over 100 sit ups do you get extra points...say like you dont run the 18:00 3 mile could extra sit ups and pull ups counter it to get that perfect score??

Also I was reading the post about medals and dog tags and such during boot. Now are you still allowed to wear religous medals/ necklaces. I mean I have read what you can and cannot bring but it says you can bring religous medals and I was wondering if that has changed?
No extra points for anymore than the perfect score. But if you do more than the 300 you can get "Ironman". You'd have to score perfect in all 3 events and then some to get Ironman on your final PFT.

And religious items that you wear are basically universal with all SDIs and DIs only to be allowed on Sundays. Any other day they'll tell you to remove them. You can bring it but you'll only wear it for about 4 hours a week. Or the Recruit PX I believe still sells bibles, necklesses, etc.

bigdog43701
03-24-07, 10:59 AM
bigfoot,

to answer your question directly...if you maz out ALL events it is recorded as a 300. it will show on nco fitness reports and the like. the ONLY time they keep score over 300 was when in Recon. we all had to be 1st class pft so everyone strived to do 300. the local command is the only ones who cared if you scored over 300.

bigfoot1188
03-24-07, 03:56 PM
thanks for all the replies it helped