PDA

View Full Version : "NWA" Form

HLeyb
03-20-07, 01:02 PM
I DEP'd in 20070228

My Step-Brother, a recent P.I Grad, told me to tell my recruiter to make him my "Referrer" on something called an NWA form. Does anyone know if I can still do that now, as my recruiter has been on leave for a 10 days for his wedding. I would really want my Brother to get credit for my enlistment (and hopefully get promoted), as he is responsible in an indirect way. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again

Marine84
03-20-07, 01:38 PM
Does it help with promotions? The only thing I ever got for it was a Meritorious Mast - pretty much just a piece of paper saying that you recruited somebody in and in so doing.................blah, blah, blah, ....................they look good on my wall though.

HLeyb
03-20-07, 01:56 PM
well I think during his RA duty if he referred 2 people he either gets a promotion or a set of Dress Blues, either way.. it would be nice if he gets the credit..

YLDNDN6
03-20-07, 02:51 PM
I think I got a certificate of appreciation, or something like that for bringing my cousin in back in '84....actually, I don't think I got anything for it, now that I think back on it. Things may have changed since then, though...that was a lifetime ago....

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-20-07, 10:31 PM
He can get the promotion. Just tell your recruiter that you need to do it. It won't be difficult.

davblay
03-20-07, 10:48 PM
I DEP'd in 20070228

My Step-Brother, a recent P.I Grad, told me to tell my recruiter to make him my "Referrer" on something called an NWA form. Does anyone know if I can still do that now, as my recruiter has been on leave for a 10 days for his wedding. I would really want my Brother to get credit for my enlistment (and hopefully get promoted), as he is responsible in an indirect way. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks again
Well back in 1969 I referred two men who elisted and I got 5 extra days leave for each man while I was on my first leave after Boot Camp. That may have changed though. As I remember I went to the Recruiters 1st Sgt and he got my leave papers ammeded to reflect 10 extra days leave. NO PROMOTION THOUGH :yes: But remember that was in 1969!! Ask your recruiter about it. ;)

HLeyb
03-20-07, 11:36 PM
Thank you Lady and Gentlemen.

My Recruiter is off leave tomorrow, I'm sure he'll be glad to hear from and or see me bright and early.

Much appreciated.

awb5711
03-23-07, 05:47 PM
He wont get a promotion for getting someone to enlist. He will however get points toward his Composite Score that will help him get promoted quicker. I believe it is 25pts per person recruited.