PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everybody!

Ianfiniti
03-20-07, 12:58 AM
I've made a few random posts here and there, but since signing up on Leatherneck.com a few days ago, I have never actually introduced myself properly.

My Name is Ian (and I drive an Infiniti, hence the witty screename), and I am shipping to boot camp April 9th to try my damndest at becoming a Marine. I will be shipping as an 03XX and will also try my damndest to make 0321.

For those of you that care; I am one of those intellegent types in only so-so physical shape. (pull-ups kick my butt, but the run and sit-ups are gravy) You would think that my current physical/mental condition would better serve me in Military Intellegence (which I considered) or some desk job in the Air Force. But lo-and-behold, I wanted to be one of -

The Few, The Proud, The Marines...
:usmc:

A salute to all of you current Marines and Veterans for your "always faithful" service.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-20-07, 01:00 AM
Welcome aboard and best of luck in your quest to be an 0321. Fix your PT issues or you don't stand a chance. Hard work will get you where you need to be.

Ianfiniti
03-20-07, 01:06 AM
Yeah the pull-ups are giving my problems, but I've been rotating a max set of pull-ups and a max-set of push-ups everytime I go to the gym and I can already tell a difference in a short amount of time. Hopefully I can get to a number I'm comfortable with without having to push back my ship date, which would suck...

davblay
03-20-07, 01:47 AM
Yeah the pull-ups are giving my problems, but I've been rotating a max set of pull-ups and a max-set of push-ups everytime I go to the gym and I can already tell a difference in a short amount of time. Hopefully I can get to a number I'm comfortable with without having to push back my ship date, which would suck...

Build your upper body strength man! If thats your weakness work on that then worry about the rest. Your Recruiter can and will help you out if oyu'll ask him, That's his job as well. He don't want to ship a wash out to MCED, he wants to ship future MArines! :thumbup:

davblay
03-20-07, 01:49 AM
What is your ship date? April 9? INDIA COMPANY 3rd Battallion?

YLDNDN6
03-20-07, 07:19 AM
I take exception to your comment about military intelligence, kid. I was a 2621 manual morse intercept operator, and nothing less was ever expected of us than any other MOS in the fleet. Be more careful about the words you use in the future, and work on that upper body strength.

PatriotGirl422
03-20-07, 10:39 AM
Hey poolie, you'll be fine. I was never in good physical shape either (I'm one of the more acadmeic people like you). I signed in November, having never attempted to run a quarter mile in my life. The first time I tried to run, I didn't even make it a quarter mile. Now four months later, I can run 4 or 5 miles with no problem and do 153 crunches in two minutes. You can build yourself up very quickly if you work at it everyday. Good luck to you and work hard...you're leaving in a few weeks!

FFSteve
03-20-07, 12:20 PM
hey ian and welcome aboard. keep working on those push ups. i have a buddy who is currently at MCRD PI ,Plt 2025 2nd Btn Echo Co, and he always did at least 40 push ups and he was able to crank out 25 pull ups with no problem. if you have a goal work for it and good luck

Jamey1E
03-20-07, 01:08 PM
Where are you going PI or SD?

FFSteve
03-20-07, 02:14 PM
right now i am headed to MCRD PI in july but i am trying to move it up to may 28 so i can attened Penn State in the fall.

1stRad2671
03-20-07, 03:08 PM
For those of you that care; I am one of those intellegent types in only so-so physical shape.
Really? Well, you might want to learn how to spell intellgent (sic) and intellegence (sic) correctly before you go making that claim.

YLDNDN6
03-20-07, 03:15 PM
See??? I thought it was just me being sensitive or something!

Justin493
03-20-07, 03:24 PM
Welcome aboard.

RuffNight2007
03-20-07, 04:34 PM
Really? Well, you might want to learn how to spell intellgent (sic) and intellegence (sic) correctly before you go making that claim.

:thumbup: Not one, but two! :thumbup:
I'm so "unintellgent" I didn't even notice!

Ianfiniti
03-20-07, 08:11 PM

You know they say that people with high I.Q.s have trouble spelling, and with an I.Q. in the 160s, I think I qualify...

And to YLDNDN6, I wasn't meaning to offend you, simply trying to say that intel doesn't require a 1sy class PFT (to my knowledge), while my ultimate goal in special forces does. I apologize for the miscommunication.

And thank you all for the warm welcome!;)

PatriotGirl422
03-20-07, 09:37 PM
And to YLDNDN6, I wasn't meaning to offend you, simply trying to say that intel doesn't require a 1sy class PFT (to my knowledge), while my ultimate goal in special forces does. I apologize for the miscommunication.

I like how you just shortened it to "intel". Nice "improv" to avoid spelling errors. ;)