PDA

View Full Version : More Advice

PerXes
03-19-07, 10:24 PM
I was talking to poolarnold tonight and gave him some words that I thought might come in handy with other poolees:

You really have to want to change and get something out of bootcamp. You can make it through, and still be a nasty slob at the end, there were plenty of those in my platoon. You're going to want to scratch your face and stuff. Just watch, as time goes on, you'll get less and less motivated, and rationalize that it doesn't matter if you scratch your face or do other things your Drill Instructors tell you not to do. You have to keep that motivation up and really really put forth the effort to change for the better. People are going to talk, and they might not like you if you don't, but you're not going to Boot to make friends. As people, we are naturally hedonists...you have to let that go, and THINK before you do anything. Ask yourself, "should i do this thing that i want to do?"(scratch, pick your nose, shift your feet when you're supposed to be at the position of attention, wipe your face, TALK) If the answer is no, then don't do it. You'll know the answer deep down..just listen to that, and you'll come out better.

As my Senior Drill Instructor said, it's about doing the right thing(you WILL know what the right thing to do will be) even when your DI's aren't looking that will make the difference.

RuffNight2007
03-19-07, 10:40 PM
Hmm... I like your last sentence! :thumbup:

Integrity57
03-19-07, 11:50 PM
As my Senior Drill Instructor said, it's about doing the right thing(you WILL know what the right thing to do will be) even when your DI's aren't looking that will make the difference.

That's Integrity. what's your MOS PerXes,sir?

PerXes
03-20-07, 06:46 AM
I'm a Combat Engineer.