PDA

View Full Version : Condition?

Jamey1E
03-19-07, 04:39 PM
Ok guys I can do 100 sit-ups in 2 min, do 7 pull-ups in one set (I do 3 sets with 45 sec's of rest in between), and run 2.5 miles in 25 mins. I ship in 3 weeks. How far off am I? I really don't want to end up in pcp........

rvillac2
03-19-07, 05:47 PM
It sounds like you have a good foundation. I never ran three miles before boot, either. You'll need to work on upper body strength. Learn how to kip when you do PFTs (not IST).

Stay motivated and don't give up during PT. Your body can go several times further than what your mind thinks.

Semper Fit,
Sgt V

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-19-07, 06:18 PM
Kipping isn't allowed anymore. They went to deadhang in 97 or 98. Pretty funny watching everyone's scores crash.

Regardless, you're doing well Jamey. I don't know a site that has it any more, but if you can find the Recon Ron pull up program it could help you out. Probably get you to 10 or so by the time you ship. There is also a plan called Armstrong that has worked well for many people. I will see if I can find them. If not, I am sure they're still out there somewhere.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-19-07, 06:21 PM
Found it easier than I thought. The second place I looked still has it.

Recon Ron (http://webpages.charter.net/bert/reconron.html)

Armstrong (http://www.4mcd.usmc.mil/AOP/OSOHyattsville/Armstrong%20Pullup%20Program.htm)

rvillac2
03-19-07, 06:29 PM
Holy cow. No kipping? I would have went from 2nd class to 3rd. LOL.

slowrider
03-19-07, 06:42 PM
He sounds Like he is doing great(poolie) only thing I could comment on was his run time,25 mins for 2.5 miles is a bit slow. NOT! dogging you, just think you should be able to get your 3 mile time to around 22 mins.I remember that being about average in boot for 3 miles.
Never the less, it sounds like your off to a good start.
:thumbup:

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-19-07, 07:02 PM
I didn't come anywhere close to 22 minutes in boot camp. In fact, I think I ran the final PFT in 24:30 or so.

rvillac, a bunch of people had that problem. I liked it because it made the Marine Corps a little more balanced. Everyone was getting 20/80 so it all came down to what time someone could run. When they got rid of the kipping the strong people that didn't run as well saw their scores stay about the same while the little runner types saw their scores drop- putting them on the same level.

Jamey1E
03-19-07, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys....I feel like I can get my run time down some, I really wasn't pushing it as hard as I could have, I'll admit that.

Marine84
03-19-07, 09:44 PM
You'll do fine...........don't worry so much. When one of those DIs gets on your rear end yelling "YOU BETTER NOT STOP!" at you .......................- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And if, you should happen to stop, you better be prepared for the a$$ chewing that cometh.

sgt tony
03-19-07, 10:32 PM
Well like they have all said you are doing good but you need to get the run for 3 miles at no more than 28 min. Then they will work on that when you are there.
Best of luck and carry on.

killerinstinct
03-20-07, 08:06 AM
You'll do fine...........don't worry so much. When one of those DIs gets on your rear end yelling "YOU BETTER NOT STOP!" at you .......................- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! And if, you should happen to stop, you better be prepared for the a$$ chewing that cometh.

don't wm's get a break at the halfway mark to pretty up for the rest of the walk to make the 100 score at 45 minutes???;)

JAMEY so far you doing awesome you'll be able to get some just remember b4 you go to boot give your body rest time as when you do run your IST you will have been up a long time runnign around. so give your body some recoup time like 1 day before ship and try to get a monday shipdate you'll get an extra day to adapt and learn stuff.

Jamey1E
03-20-07, 08:46 AM
Thanks again guys. I guess I'm just stressing it way to much. I do have a Monday ship date so we'll see how it goes, I plan on taking it easy the Sat, and Sun before I ship so my body will be 100% ready to go. What exactly does the IST consist of. I heard it was like 44 sit-ups, 3 pull ups, and a 1.5 mile run in 13 min. Can any of you guys set me strait on it?

killerinstinct
03-20-07, 09:51 AM
i think the only difference is its 2 pull ups but dont quote me on that go in thinking its more than you can do so youll push yourself that much more. And dont let those records fool ya since they were set when kiping was allowed.

Jamey1E
03-20-07, 11:15 AM
Kiping is kicking you feet right?