thedrifter
03-19-07, 02:06 PM
Borrowed from hubby..Fontman <br />
<br />
MARINE GUNNED DOWN ON '60 MINUTES' <br />
By Neal Boortz <br />
March 19, 2007 <br />
<br />
Haditha Marine Sergeant Frank Wuterich's trial may be months away, but last night '60 Minutes'...

thedrifter
03-19-07, 02:50 PM
The Killings In Haditha <br />
<br />
NEW YORK, March 15, 2007 <br />
<br />
(CBS) On Nov. 19, 2005, United States Marines killed 24 apparently innocent civilians in an Iraqi town called Haditha. The dead included men,...

semperfi170
03-19-07, 03:00 PM
60 Minutes has always been good at character assassination and slanting the truth! I haven't watched this poor excuse for reporting in over 15 years. It is equivalent to the rag sheets found at the supermarket checkout as far as its value as a show.:mad:

drumcorpssnare
03-19-07, 03:19 PM
I caught about a minute of the interview last night, flippin' thru the channels.
That sissy Scott Pelley would probably wet himself if he heard someone lock and load a BB gun.
It's really hard to get "just the truth" from the media anymore. But does it really need to be that slanted?:thumbdown
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

bootlace15
03-19-07, 03:36 PM
the media,newspapers,radio or what ever. They are out of hand. Even this past weekends anti war protests. The bad guys got all the media. The good guys got zero,so I guess its the media and anti war protesters 500,000 and the good guys zero. What the hel!!!!!!!!!!

bootlace15 out

ROHO
03-19-07, 03:59 PM
I would like to see that Piece of S##T, Scott Pelly be in a suituation where one of his brothers was killed, and see how he would react!!!. No matter what or how the meida portrays SSgt Frank Wuterich, and his men they are all HERO's in my book God bless them. Semper Fi.

10thzodiac
03-19-07, 04:40 PM
I think it was good that Marine Sergeant Frank Wuterich's agreed to the interview, it put a scared young face on what happened. I do not envy the position he is in and can only imagined how it happened.

I don't think he is allegedly anymore guilty than the culture that caused this tragedy.

[Snippet "War is a Racket"]

"Boys with a normal viewpoint were taken out of the fields and offices and factories and classrooms and put into the ranks. There they were remolded; they were made over; they were made to "about face"; to regard murder as the order of the day. They were put shoulder to shoulder and, through mass psychology, they were entirely changed. We used them for a couple of years and trained them to think nothing at all of killing or of being killed." ~ Major General Smedley D. Butler 1935

bigdog43701
03-19-07, 06:51 PM
i too saw that episode. i really got pi$$ed. someone who was NOT there during this time is attempting to pass judgement on someone who was. i can never say he was right or wrong in his actions. the sgt did say something that i completely 100% agree with. when the $hit hits the fan you always revert to your training. we all did in nam and as a police officer i have seen two brothers killed (executed) in the line of duty. both occations i went on auto pilot and reverted to my training. the first officer went to the point that when we had the suspect and he was standing up in the field i had the front sight tip on his temple area and thought for a brief second to pull the trigger, everone would agree that he made a sudden movement thereby making the shooting justified....i did't. my training kicked in and i did the RIGHT thing. these poor Marines are being judged by the press and they (press) were not there and know 1st hand what happened.

i wish them all good luck.

GySgtRet
03-19-07, 09:05 PM
You have said what I have said from the beginning of this crap. Let the media fight the war and see how these pieces of S**T win it...!!!

I didn't catch the show. I don't watch much network crap anymore.

Bless them all. They are all my heros.

Semper Fi

Marines forever.

Wolfpack22
03-19-07, 11:23 PM
this whole mess makes me sick. what can i say that hasn't been said by a hundred Marines already? the stupid, liberal, communist, hippie media runs this country and there's not alot we can do about that. its just sad,really, that they don't even give Marines a chance these days. automatically they just assume we're wrong, that we're too "rough". too "crazy". well, we area what you've made us A** holes, and we're doin our best over THERE so that somebody doesn't come chop off your head over HERE. give us a break. i'd love to see one of these 60 minutes whack jobs go on patrol in Fallujah or Haditha. they'd be singin a different tune about the Marine Corp after that. but first they'd need to dry their eyes, get their thumbs out of their mouths, and change their soiled panties. God bless America, and always the Marines.

maverickmarine
03-20-07, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I stumbled on to that while flipping channels and of course stopped to watch it. What a piece of **** that "reporter", is and it made me sick to see that Marine attacked like that. I hope that backfires on 60 minutes but I'm sure it won't.

Dave Coup
03-20-07, 08:46 AM
My freakin' blood boils at the medias slanted coverage of this and anything else to do with the war. I imagine they'd like to have Marines charged for the innocent Japanese killed on Saipan and...

yellowwing
03-20-07, 12:26 PM
Yes it was a bad day in Haditha. These Marines had a hard job and did what they thought was right and just. That is such an understatement.

Osotogary
03-20-07, 12:49 PM
I saw the whole darn episode on 60 Minutes. The first thought that came to my mind was, was the reporter playing the devil's advocate or was he seriously trying to prosecute the Marine Sergeant? For the life of me I could not see any fairness to his line of questioning, which was pretty much one sided. Next question was, had this reporter ever been an active participant in combat related house to house searches?
No BS, this was pretty much one of the most slanted 60 Minute segments that I have ever seen. I do hope that everything works out positively for the Sergeant and his fellow Marines.

10thzodiac
03-20-07, 01:20 PM
Personally, I think it was a brilliant move by Sergeant Wuterich attorney/s allowing Sergeant Wuterich to do the interview. I think both the guilty before presumed innocent and the innocent before proved guilty can both sympathize more with this young mans dilemma now.

In my opinion I think the reporter was knowingly or unknowingly doing a great service to Sergeant Wutterich defense showing how young men get themselves into bad situations that are not their fault entirely alone.

If it was me, I don't think I could live with myself, accidentally or on purpose killing little children in the fog of war. That is not my definition of duty, that is something I'd be ashamed of. But that's just me...

Scottyva
03-23-07, 08:14 PM
Well once again the Media has shown its true colors when it comes to those who serve in the Corps or other branch.

Why don't they complain when Homicide Bombers use women and children to gain access through checkpoints? or leave them in cars before they explode? The Media are using the same bs tactics that they used in Nam and we are falling for them again.

BTW this interview can be used in a Court-Martial right?

dscusmc
03-23-07, 09:46 PM
Yes, the statement is admissible at the court-martial. It's an exception to the hearsay rule called an "admission by party-opponent." Military Rule of Evidence 801 (d)(2). It could also possibly be a "statement against interest" under MRE 804 (b)(3).

10thzodiac
03-25-07, 05:02 AM
BTW, has anybody figured out who is actually doing the Prosecution ?

The Marine Corps (U.S. Government)

The Iraqi's

60 Minutes

All of the above