PDA

View Full Version : News that needs to get around

OOHRAHMOM05
03-18-07, 11:19 PM
IRAQIS: LIFE IS GETTING BETTER
From The Sunday Times by Marie Colvin March 18, 2007

MOST Iraqis believe life is better for them now than it was under Saddam Hussein, according to a British opinion poll published today.

The survey of more than 5,000 Iraqis found the majority optimistic despite their suffering in sectarian violence since the American-led invasion four years ago this week.

One in four Iraqis has had a family member murdered, says the poll by Opinion Research Business. In Baghdad, the capital, one in four has had a relative kidnapped and one in three said members of their family had fled abroad. But when asked whether they preferred life under Saddam, the dictator who was executed last December, or under Nouri al-Maliki, the prime minister, most replied that things were better for them today.

Only 27% think there is a civil war in Iraq, compared with 61% who do not, according to the survey carried out last month.

By a majority of two to one, Iraqis believe military operations now under way will disarm all militias. More than half say security will improve after a withdrawal of multinational forces.

OLE SARG
03-19-07, 08:38 AM
OMG, don't let the demos find that out - Iraqis have a better life now than it was under hussein. All the pseudo-important demos like ms kerry, dickhead durbin, dirty harry, bones pelosi, swimmer kennedy, etc., will have heart attacks and die dead, graveyard dead (maybe that's good).

SEMPER FI,

OLE SARG
03-19-07, 08:39 AM
Forgot to add fatass martha murtha to the above list!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't leave that ****head out!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

OOHRAHMOM05
03-19-07, 09:02 PM
LOL! I like to think of him as Murtha Furka.
If only...

Semper Fi, Ole Sarge

jinelson
03-19-07, 11:00 PM
I spend 1 hour fighting with our local newspaper today over them calling our support the troops rally a pro war rally. When I talked to the reporter that wrote the peice I told her when she started out by calling us the prowar group , no we are the support the troops group.
Well she won out in the piece in the paper so now we are the prowar group according to the newspaper.
I hope to have picture of it tommorow night for all to see.

003XXMarineDAD
03-19-07, 11:08 PM
I know this after fighting our local newspaper for a hour today over the piece they wrote on the support the troops rally we have set for tommorrow. They called us the pro war group.
I was told by the managing editor that because the anti war group claims to support the troops we could not use it to promote the rally.
This is our press at work yes sir and a work of art. But they also call paintings of christ in feces a work of art by lib standards.
I will post photos from the rally tommorow.
:D

OOHRAHMOM05
03-19-07, 11:50 PM
We can only try. As long as the commies, er, I mean, the liberals control the media, this is what we have to deal with: They're pro-choice, but we're not pro-life, we're anti-abortion, etc.
I wonder if any of them sees the irony of calling it supporting our troops when they're completely demoralizing and ****ing them off with these shows of NON-SUPPORT?
Hope you have a great turn out for your SUPPORT OUR TROOPS rally, and can't wait to see the pics!

003XXMarineDAD
03-20-07, 10:44 PM
Sounds like we had as many as the antiwar crowd down the street.
We had many mothers today show up and show thier pride in thier sons. Here are some of the photos.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u295/dparris/DSC00087.jpg

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u295/dparris/DSC00068.jpg
This mother has two serving one in the Army and one in The Marines. The army one is in afganistan the Marine is set to depoly soon to Iraq.