PDA

View Full Version : Accord's newest letter (28 days left)

Achped
03-18-07, 08:36 AM
Wow, like some of you heard his attitude is completely different. He wrote the letter on the crapper at 2 AM after his firewatch was over, it was dark, and he said that's why the paper is illegible (It is too...trust me)

Someone sent him that Airforce PT shirt, as most of you know. That wasn't the end of it, someone also sent him a picture of goatse, which....for those who don't know was a "prank" website with a gay guy bent over spreading his cheeks....and I don't mean his face. "That wasn't fun, I won't go into detail on what happened (cuz its still happening) to me but you can imagine"

His attitude on the whole "DONT SEND ME PRANKS" crap has changed too, hes like "I don't care who gave my address out, it sucked at the time but now I know I'll have a few laughs when I get to the fleet and later in life"

He's bragging about how "Slick" his alphas look with his PFC chevrons on it and how he's getting fitted for dress blues that he's going to pick up on family day. He's really REALLY motivated that he'll be a Marine in 2 weeks after the crucible, instead of waiting for family day. He spends a whole paragraph talking about that. "We receive our EGA after the crucible instead of family day. That means II will be a mother freaking US MARINE in 2 weeks!!! Tomorrow begins A line/ BWT and Im going to get to fire the SAW FREAK YEAH!!!! No we don't wear PFC chevrons on our cammies because we're still recruits (I had asked that in the previous letter)"

"Boot is nothing like ears open eyeballs click. It is just surreal. I cant put it into words, no one can. There are no words on this planet to answer that question but you'll know what I mean when you get here. And the humps SUCK If there was one thing I could have done before I got here it would be to put on a huge backpack and go on 10 mile hikes in boots. Freak running, its a waste of your time and since you already run a 10 minute 1.5 mile you're good to go. Its the recruits who arrive at this hell hole who run 17 minute 3 miles that fall out with sprained ankles on humps. Don't be that guy. Trust me...don't fall out. I have tendonitis on both my ankles but im sucking it up because there are 25 days left and I refuse to let anything get in my way. The humps and PT runs are brutal for me and the pain is extremely sharp and intense in both ankles but oh well. Just gotta suck it up and get it treated once I become a Marine. Not before.

How 2nd phase PT so hard? Well first phase is a joke, we always start off with a daily 16 then go on a 3 mile run, except our DIs can run 16, 17, 18 minute three miles...BACKWARDS. 2nd phase PT lasts 4 hours, our platoon had alot of fat bodies, but pretty much all have been dropped because they cant keep up, despite passing the IST.

The people who say boot goes by fast are 100% right (remember how he said time was going by SOOOO slow in his first letters? He'd been there 2 weeks and he was like this place SUCKSSSS time goes by SOOOO SLOWWW)

It seems like yesterday I was in receiving and here I am as a 3rd phase recruit with hair on my head! Whats my overall attitude like? Im ready to get the FREAK off this island. All the USMC cadences and stuff, you won't hear any of it until 3rd phase. This place is not motivating at all. There is no "oorah semper fi devil dog" moto shoot until 3rd phase. The "Life sucks, DIs kill you, you will hate this place" stuff is the perfect way to describe PI, the only thing I really want is more letters, that's pretty much it.

When you get here you won't care about being guide or squad leader, you'll just be glad you're still alive when you hear LIGHTS LIGHTS LIGHTS.

You asked what its like having 'DIs in your face', hahahahahaha, I wish that they only just got in my face!!!!!!!!!!! They will....do what has to be done. (my words, not Johns) The 10 mile hump was probably the hardest part for me. I am not looking forward to the 25 mile humps at SOI. The DIs havent changed since phase 2, and are actually getting worse because they demand nothing less than total perfection out of our platoon. I'm tired and need to go back to sleep, but send me more letters! Semper Fi. -John AKA Rct Gordon, AKA Accord

P.S. That bald Britney Spears pic you sent me was freaking hillarious, she looks like half the guys in my platoon haha. One recruit was caught giggling like a little girl at the picture and now he's known recruit Britney and had to sing Hit me baby one more time in the rain room while we all showered that day. Hahahahaha

Oh, and the letter was addressed to "Poolee Matt Garrison" instead of just Matt Garrison...hmm?

SamJohnston
03-18-07, 08:50 AM
The Air Force shirt is one thing... but goatse? That's just mean.

RuffNight2007
03-18-07, 09:16 AM
yay for 10 mile humps

I knew there were humps... but not 10 mile ones?! Oh shizzzzle

PatriotGirl422
03-18-07, 10:38 AM
Sounds like he's doing alright and that's he's gonna make it!

Marine84
03-18-07, 10:42 AM
There ya'll have it - even though us oldies tell ya'll what WE went through - you're NEVER prepared for what happens once you hit those yellow footsteps. It's different for everybody - some say "F__K this" and start doing stupid stuff so they can go home - most get a grip and realize THIS is what I'm in for. Once it hits you what they're looking for out of you, the rest is easy. You'll start pushing yourself instead of a DI doing it for you.

I feel like a proud Mama every time a Poolee from here comes off either MCRD and checks back in here. You can see the differences in their attitudes and what they write about when they come back. It's awesome!

DWG
03-18-07, 12:06 PM
There ya'll have it - even though us oldies tell ya'll what WE went through - you're NEVER prepared for what happens once you hit those yellow footsteps.[quote]

No way to describe it, you have to experience it to believe it!:scared: No movie or tales can make you feel that sinking you get in your stomach when they(DIs) start ripping you up and there ain't a damn thing you can do about it!:evilgrin:
:banana:

jinelson
03-18-07, 12:29 PM
Man that brings back all the great memories doesent it? Well it wont be long and it will be Pfc John Gordon USMC. Of all the pups Ive watched grow to become devil dogs here, he has put 110% of his heart and soul into it. I wish that I could be at his side when he gets his Eagle Globe and Anchor and his DI say's congratulations you are a Marine. John talks a tough game but he will cry like a baby that day.

yellowwing
03-18-07, 12:45 PM
LMAO at that Britney Spears part! :banana:

maverickmarine
03-18-07, 12:49 PM
Man, that really does bring back alot. I think no matter who you are that the day you graduate produces some sweaty eyeballs.

Allen870922
03-18-07, 01:13 PM
haha, good stuff. I'm glad I wasn't as well known to my DIs(well, atleast not in my first platoon). In my first platoon they didn't even know my name until I broke my right foot training day 31. My 2nd platoon I was just known as "pick up" for a while until I eventually broke my left foot.

Yes RuffNight2007. There is a 10 mile hump from the Rifle range. Last I heard was that for the crucible its a total of 47 miles of humping over those few days. I didn't get the chance to do the crucible though. My left foot was broke even before then and I was trying to do the hump to it but fell too far behind that they considered me a "saftey risk". If I could've I would've done the humps with crutches.

I really hope that his ankles don't cause him too much trouble in the crucible. I hope he completes the crucible and then afterwards if he has some major problems with it they can allow him to graduate but gets sent to BMP(Basic Marine Platoon or also known as Broken Marine Platoon) afterwards. He'll get his 10 days leave but would have to return to the Island and stay as a Marine until he is healed up.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-18-07, 03:07 PM
I hope he finds out who is sending that crap to him so he can get some revenge when he gets home.

davblay
03-18-07, 03:55 PM
Man, that story gave me chill bumps! This man is motivated, hell it wouldn't surprise me if he ain't the next Dan Daly! oooo-rah :thumbup: