PDA

View Full Version : USMC reserves

falklands
03-17-07, 11:44 PM
i served in HM Royal Marines and also the Royal Marine reserves, i now live in california, now at the ripe old age of 41 i would like more info on the Marine reserves, like max age and what not, before i go to a career office, cheers guy's.

LaResistance
03-18-07, 01:52 AM
Max age for USMC reserves is 29.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/f/faqenlage.htm

LoCapitano
03-18-07, 08:54 AM
dont quote me on this but if you are prior service, I think they take the number of years you have served and subtract that by your age and thats the the age they use,

For example your 41 lets say you served for 15 years they will consider you to be 26 for eligibility purposes

Again dont quote me on that i am not 100% sure, You should talk to a recruiter

falklands
03-18-07, 10:50 AM
cheer's guy's,

yellowwing
03-18-07, 01:51 PM
dont quote me on this but if you are prior service, I think they take the number of years you have served and subtract that by your age and thats the the age they use,

For example your 41 lets say you served for 15 years they will consider you to be 26 for eligibility purposes

Again dont quote me on that i am not 100% sure, You should talk to a recruiter
You'd have to talk to a Recruiter to see if your RM service would count towards the age waiver. Best of luck to you.

On a personal note, I don't see California offering any proper tea! ;)

testforecho2112
03-18-07, 01:56 PM
The PRK (Peoples Republic of Kalifornia) would probably put you on the terror watch list just for trying!!!!

B

falklands
03-18-07, 03:52 PM
well i gotta try for the reserves,i dont want to upset any young Marines when a 41yo former Royal blowes them away with fitness and stamana and a good old cuppa,:cry: be safe all.