PDA

View Full Version : We had career day at school...

Soon2BeVIP
03-17-07, 02:33 PM
We had career day at school yesterday. With a class of 30..we are a tiny school. Anways about 30 or so careers were signed up to come. I don't know what it is...maybe its just mine...but at my RSS the Navy is never where they say they will be. I had one friend who they called and my friend was like "Okay I'll talk to you guys" and they told him 3 different times to be at his house after school. So he rushed home those all 3 of those times and every time they just didn't show up. I asked him why he kept agreeing to meet up if they weren't showing and he was like "I dunno..". After the 3rd time they didn't show up he was like "Alright, I'm done. Anyways all this to say that the Marines, Army, Navy and Airforce were supposed to show up. My recruiter showed up 15 minutes early and I got out of class to help him set up his table. The Army showed up on time and they set up there table. Then the Air Force showed up 15-20 minutes late so a lot of people didn't get to talk to them. And then the Navy just didn't show up at all. All that to say...in my tiny school...they were all considering the Navy, now noone is because so many of them have been ditched. It was cool though to see that the Marines had 20 kids around my recruiter while literally noone was at the Army table and one girl was talking to the Air Force. I laughed. I think about 5 or so are actually seriously considering enlisting soon. My recruiter was walking out of the school and looked at me and was like "Well...I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure you might be getting your promotion". :banana: Hope so

Curt Geezus
03-17-07, 04:20 PM
I can't speak for the Navy, but in my area(and everywhere else from what I hear) the Air Force recruiters are notoriously lazy. When I was first looking into joining I had 2 friends joining the Air Force reserve and I tryed to contact their recruiter but he was always "away" from his office. If he would of talked to me for about 15 minutes I probably would have joined, thank God that didn't happen.

Integrity57
03-17-07, 04:59 PM
Not ALL Recruiters are perfect tho, it took me a month-and-a half just to get the Recruiter I talked to on the phone.

PatriotGirl422
03-17-07, 05:59 PM
All I know is that at my RSS, the Air Force recruiter only shows up by appointment, the Navy is there half of the time, and the Marines are always there. That door never closes. Plenty of people have told me that they thought about joining the Air Force but decided to join the Marines after they couldn't get ahold of the Air Force recruiter.

hawaiifootball
03-17-07, 06:18 PM
it is pretty hard to nail down an AF recruiter. They don't need people as bad as the army and USMC, so they can afford to be picky and don't really have to work hard to recruit anybody. my friend is an AF SSgt recruiter in California, and his quota was set at zero for 6 months last year- during a war!

Integrity57
03-17-07, 06:21 PM
lol I don't even remember there being an Air Force recruiter at our ASVAB test we I took it in high school and the town I live in is pretty much around an Air Force base

Integrity57
03-17-07, 06:23 PM
it is pretty hard to nail down an AF recruiter. They don't need people as bad as the army and USMC, so they can afford to be picky and don't really have to work hard to recruit anybody. my friend is an AF SSgt recruiter in California, and his quota was set at zero for 6 months last year- during a war!

Well if this war ever ends, you know what branch is going to have the most "lay-offs"

CJA
03-17-07, 07:06 PM
I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago in middle school. The Army was suppose to come, never showed. Navy was supposed to come, never showed. The Marine Corps was suppose to come, and they did.

Even one of the teachers in the classroom (who was in the Coast Guard) with the Marine was like "We can't rely on the Navy, or the Army, but of course the Marines show up!"

It was a fun experience.