PDA

View Full Version : Leaving the Army to go back Marine (need advice)

spwilliams7236
03-17-07, 04:56 AM
Brothers & Sisters,

I spent 7 years in the Marine Corps between 1998 and 2005. Got out with an RE-1A Reenlistment Code. Shortly after that, I had what I consider the biggest brain fart of them all and joined the army (sorry I can't even capitalize that word).

I read that you have to be eligible for a 48 month enlistment to come back in the Corps. But my total amount of service is over 10. I just want to confirm that the Marine Corps will only count my USMC time toward service limits.

I got out a Sergeant (from a shortage MOS). It shouldn't take more than a couple years to get selected for Staff Sergeant, so I should be good by the time I hit 13 in the Corps.

Is there any way that a normal recruiter can put me back in? Or do I have to go to a Prior Service Recruiter?

What documents other than my DD-214s & OMPF do I need to bring? (I have all my Fitness Reports, OMPF, and 214s available).

I will be barely (by 1 day) 32 years old when I finish this enlistment in the crotch (army).

If all the paperwork is in order in the first shot at MEPS, how long should it take? (Normally. I know that nobody is psychic)

Tattoos shouldn't be a problem. The only one visible is USMC on the forearm.

I'm in good shape and can run a 300 at 31 years old.

Any help that you all can give would greatly be appreciated.

Hopefully they won't DQ me for a receding hair line. (This army stuff is killin my horsehoe)

-W

:iwo: :flag: :usmc:

jinelson
03-17-07, 07:51 AM
You will have to go through a PSR. It doesent sound like you will have much trouble returning to Mother Green's bosum. Thank you for your service brother, good luck.

Semper Fi

Jim

Phantom Blooper
03-17-07, 08:09 AM
Mother Green's bosum

Will more than likely welcome you with open arms and let you nestle and cuddle her! She may even forgive you in later years for your misfortunes!

Good luck in your endeavors!:evilgrin:

cplbrooks
03-17-07, 08:29 AM
You will have to go through a PSR. It doesent sound like you will have much trouble returning to Mother Green's bosum. Thank you for your service brother, good luck.

Semper Fi

Jim

Prior Service Recruiter is only for Prior Service going into the reserves. If he is going active duty he will have to see a regular recruiter.