PDA

View Full Version : Body changes...

Jamey1E
03-17-07, 10:33 AM
I was just wondering what type of body changes you go trough during basic. (weight loss, gain, leaness) I'm 5,11 173 now and really don't want to get any smaller.

Phantom Blooper
03-17-07, 10:38 AM
Groin Muscles! :evilgrin:

prepgy
03-17-07, 11:12 AM
I would also like to know... I am 5,10 200 LBS. 24% Body Fat.

bigdog43701
03-17-07, 01:00 PM
well the experianve i had and saw was if you needed to lose you lost, if you needed to gain you gained.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-18-07, 12:16 AM
bigdog, that is how it has worked for everyone I've seen finish boot camp. Jamey, it is hard to say in your case, but I would guess you will probably weigh about the same when you graduate, but with more muscle on your frame. You seem to be in a pretty good spot already. Prepgy, you will lost a good bit of that fat. 24% is simply too high, and that will resolve itself while you're in recruit training.

prepgy
03-18-07, 07:44 AM
Allright...

PatriotGirl422
03-18-07, 10:47 AM
That's something that I've really been worried about too. I'm 5 feet tall and I weigh 113 lbs. I weighed 109 when I DEPed in, and I've gained a couple of pounds since then (I'm guessing from muscle). A lot of people tell me I'll get skinnier in boot camp, but then others say I'll gain 10 lbs. Anyone have any idea?

Achped
03-18-07, 10:49 AM
For what its worth, my friend went in, about 6'2" 160 lbs, pretty skinny.

Came back, he was 6'2" 160 lbs.

Another friend of mine went in, he was 5'10" 170 lbs? He was pretty heavy, but not too heavy, just "thick" I guess. He came back weighing around 150.

Achped
03-18-07, 10:52 AM
That's something that I've really been worried about too. I'm 5 feet tall and I weigh 113 lbs. I weighed 109 when I DEPed in, and I've gained a couple of pounds since then (I'm guessing from muscle). A lot of people tell me I'll get skinnier in boot camp, but then others say I'll gain 10 lbs. Anyone have any idea?

A Marine that graduated shortly after I dep'd in was almost identical to your size. She hadn't really changed at all from what I was told about when she went in (I didn't know her before she'd left). Basically the only thing different was that instead of having a little bit of those "girl fat areas" that girls tend to have (for the simple fact that they're girls, like the hips and stomach and butt), it was turned into more slender/fit looking areas. (Her legs weren't so jiggly, stomach was flat, etc)

I hope that makes sense.

RuffNight2007
03-18-07, 10:54 AM
A Marine that graduated shortly after I dep'd in was almost identical to your size. She hadn't really changed at all from what I was told about when she went in (I didn't know her before she'd left). Basically the only thing different was that instead of having a little bit of those "girl fat areas" that girls tend to have (for the simple fact that they're girls, like the hips and stomach and butt), it was turned into more slender/fit looking areas. (Her legs weren't so jiggly, stomach was flat, etc)

I hope that makes sense.

OMG did you just call her fat?! :D

Achped
03-18-07, 10:59 AM
Hah, no way. Its just that girls are just that, girls. Even an "in shape" girl with an awesome body won't have a "lean" body like a guys.

Marine84
03-18-07, 02:38 PM

It all depends on you and your body - I went in at 5'3", 115 - came out at 121 - not that much but, still an addition. It's different for everybody - they'll let you know when you get too close either way.