PDA

View Full Version : Lubbock Marine Meets His Daughter For The First Time

thedrifter
03-17-07, 08:21 AM
3/16/07
Lubbock Marine Meets His Daughter For The First Time
KCBD-TV Lubbock

Several South Plains' Marines are spending time with family for the first time in seven months. Nearly 40-members of the 6th Motor Transport Battalion out of Lubbock we're welcomed with open arms.

They returned home Thursday night, arriving at Lubbock Preston Smith International around 9:45 p.m. The unit has been in Iraq since mid-August delivering supplies and ammunition.

The Montes family welcomed a new baby into the family, while her father Jessie was in Iraq. Thursday night Jessie met his daughter for the first time.

Christy Montes said, "I'm just really excited for him to get to meet his daughter now."

Little Lila Montes is three months old. Her father, Jessie, headed to Iraq in August.

Christy said, "Only pictures, that's all he's seen and he's talked to her over the phone before, and heard her laugh, and that's about all."

Christy and Lila arrived with several others to Preston Smith International, their cars a moving tribute. Everyone was ready for an emotional reunion.

Christy said, "I don't know what to expect whenever he get here."

The flight was scheduled to arrive at 9:20 p.m., but was delayed until 9:45 p.m. adding to the anticipation.

The moment Jessie entered the building the crowd and cameras couldn't stop Christy from catching his attention. Little Lila got to see her father for the first time.

Jessie said, "There's not words to describe it because I've been waiting seven months to see my daughter for the first time. She's my little angel."

This was the first deployment for most members of the marine reserve unit out of Lubbock.

Ellie