PDA

View Full Version : Poolee Checking In

iaredavid
03-15-07, 10:59 PM
Poolee David Ye reporting in as requested. :banana:

Shipping to San Diego on 20070416. Going in as an 03XX, with a promotion to PFC by way of college credits.

My recruiter has high expectations for me. He wants me to score a perfect on the PFT, 100% on my tests while in boot camp, qualify as an expert marksman- hopefully with a perfect, and get myself a meritorious promotion to LCpl.

So, I'll get back to studying my butt off for the Marine Corps and to my prior engagements. Family's my reason for being a delayed entry instead of shipping right then- better that way, as I didn't finish my MEPS physical the first day. They sent me to get my ears cleaned and then cleared me. Hurry up and wait!

I started the BUD/S Category I workout (http://www.navysealteams.com/warning.htm), weeks 6-9, and started reading up about the Corps. I hope that'll be a good enough start. I have dreams of making Recon INDOC, maybe with the slim chance I can do it right out of SOI.

Enough outta me, I've got to get back to it.

Ultimawpnx
03-16-07, 12:00 AM
Hey cool link, I just copied and printed the workout. I'm gonna give a copy to my future referral so I can have a buddy to workout with, I think I have to use the category I plans but they're really good to me

iaredavid
03-16-07, 12:04 AM
I showed my recruiter the Category I workout, and he looked at me like I was nuts. Overkill for boot camp, but I want to bring my best to the Corps.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-16-07, 01:18 AM
Welcome aboard poolee. You'll find a world of useful information here, including the information that will be on the written exams if you look in the right place. (I could link it, but if you want it, go find it. A little effort on your part can go a long way.)

Having goals is important, and as a future Marine you should always aim for the top. Some people will tell you that you shouldn't go right to recon from SOI (some of them being guys that have been or are now recon. But, if that is what you want, go for it.

jinelson
03-16-07, 06:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/jinelson/156100.jpg

Welcome Aboard! Poolee David Ye

Jim

yellowwing
03-16-07, 11:12 AM
Good to go David! :thumbup:

Come April there will be three of four of the hardest and most squared away Marines testing to see how prepared you are. Get ready! :evilgrin:

poolee2008
03-16-07, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the best website for info and meet the REAL Marines and the best and the brightess that are waiting to join. Glad to have ya.

Kildars
03-17-07, 05:05 AM
Welcome aboard you don't have much time! Have "fun" at MCRD :)

ssgtt32
03-17-07, 06:12 AM
Kildars, not to sound like a S***Head but you need to change your signature, you need to remove the Semper Fidelis, until you earn the right!

SSgtt32

iaredavid
03-17-07, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I have my heart set on recon, but I've met a few recon Marines and damn, they were the sh*t. If I don't make it the first time, I'll keep trying.

JoeSzynal
03-17-07, 07:10 PM
David if they're still running the indoc like they were two years ago you will definately get the chance to do it at SOI. You pretty much get volun-told to get on the bus if you qualify based on certain criteria which i'm sure you'll meet.

I was one of about thirty of us who got on the bus. I did not wish to go recon but you are still expected to give it your all which I did. I completed the swim portion and then the PFT but was not selected. Out of the fifteen or so who completed the swim portion and PFT, about six were chosen. All but one accepted.

That was just the beginning of their journey. It just got tougher for them from there.

I'm sure you could get better info online somewhere about the details of the training after indoc but I do know those Marines then had a long and tough "tryout" period before they were even elidgible for bn recon.

Stay focused.

LoCapitano
03-17-07, 08:07 PM
You don't need to worry to much about the tests in bootcamp... The information will be drilled in to your head... I guarentee that if you just put out in boot camp you will get 100% on the test... Just remember every thing that happens, happens for a reason...

And as for going Recon, I went to Sere school with a couple recon guys, The stuff they told me makes it seam hard as hell, pt till you can't move any more and then pt some more and get ready

Kildars
03-20-07, 02:52 AM
Kildars, not to sound like a S***Head but you need to change your signature, you need to remove the Semper Fidelis, until you earn the right!

SSgtt32

I didn't think it was an Issue, but I respected your request and changed it.

nsfdmedic
03-20-07, 03:08 AM
:flag: your learning young son ssg are always right,good luck and hang tough