PDA

View Full Version : Four held in possible rape

thedrifter
02-20-03, 03:23 PM
February 20, 2003

Four held in possible rape

Associated Press

TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. — Four Marines were being held on suspicion of raping an unconscious 17-year-old girl at a California motel, authorities said.
Sheriff’s deputies went to a motel in California’s Mojave Desert early Monday on a report of a rape. Investigators then went to Twentynine Palms Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, and on Tuesday detectives arrested the Marines, ages 18 and 19.

The girl was staying with friends at the motel and the Marines were staying in another room, said Chip Patterson, a Sheriff’s Department spokesman. The Marines had never met the girl before and it was unclear what they were doing at the motel, he said.

“They got together with the victim and supplied her with alcohol and then sometime after that she lost consciousness,” he said.

They were jailed on $100,000 bail each. It could not be immediately determined Wednesday if they were represented by attorneys.

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press.

Sempers,

Roger

vance
02-21-03, 06:22 PM
Its bad but where did these teenagers get the booze ?

thedrifter
02-26-03, 06:21 AM
February 25, 2003 <br />
<br />
Accused rapists face additional charges <br />
<br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
<br />
TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. — Four Marines accused of raping an unconscious 17-year-old girl at a Mojave Desert...

MillRatUSMC
02-26-03, 08:49 AM
Who bought the booze for these young idiots!
They dishonored themselves and a whole lot of other Marines.
First word is that they were "Marines".
Soon they will be "ex-marines" didn't captialize the word marine in ex-marines because they're not worthy of the name "Marine"!
The person or person that bought the booze should also be held accountable for these foolish crimes.
So much for "core values", those went by the wayside with the consuming of all that booze.
Now that the name of child molester along with rapist will follow them all of what will be left of their STUPID lifes.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

JChristin
02-26-03, 08:47 PM
Rape is an act of violence, not sex. They are young, stupid, and full of themselves. I bet more than anything, at this stage anyhow, they sure do regret their actions. If not, they really do have a problem. Lack of humanity.

Enough about their sorry a$ $'$. The biggest crime of all, will be the enduring long-term effects their actions have imposed upon the victim. Hopefully, she will recover from the physcial regards from the crime. It's the emotional and spiritual impacts that can carry over for a lifetime and how it can affect all aspects of her life. It is my hope that she will some day know that not all Marines are like those who did this horrible act to her.

My prayers go out to the victim, her family and friends. But my prayers also extend to those who did this horrible act, and especially their families. This was not the act of a "well-balance" person. I hope for healing all the way around the circle.

semper fi
jchristin