PDA

View Full Version : Completing profile's

hmckinley
03-15-07, 05:33 AM
>>>Those asking question's on this site should fill in a complete profile. Those answering these question's, should fill in a complete profile. Busting a (wish that I had been a Marine) is #1 priority in my book. Like a phone call that one recieve's and really don't know who's on the other end, who is there? Do consider a Marine wife, mother or father, for they need some of their information protected. Every Marine that has been one of the few, know exactly what their re-enlistment code is and whether it's good or bad.
If a phoney can't answer that one question, then leave them along.
>>>I would think that this web site has recruited more "A few good men and women" than any one recruiter could by his or her self. If a "I'm gona be ask's questions) and is a poolee, give them good answers intead of scuttle-butt.

>>>Mr Shaffer and the moderator's, if you in any way, think this is out of line then don't post it. Semper Fi!!

GySgtRet
03-15-07, 06:12 AM
You are right on target. Many of us have been saying the same things over and over again. I check for a profile if it isn't filled in. Radio silence from me.

Semper Fi

hmckinley
03-15-07, 06:17 AM
Let the cards fall where they may!! Semper fi

10thzodiac
03-15-07, 06:18 AM
Amen http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

But any schmo could get around profiles or IP addresses

Sgt Leprechaun
03-15-07, 07:28 PM
True, but a profile is at least a start. I've advised a few, and not kindly, to complete same.

hmckinley
03-16-07, 05:16 AM
True, but a profile is at least a start. I've advised a few, and not kindly, to complete same.
Sure has suprised me that this thread didn't take off and run a mile or two.
Guess there's only three that want's to know who's running their pie hole.

Those seventy some odd that's clicked on to this thread must be the one's that has a slick profile. Like the previous post before you Sgt Lepaechaun, give them silence.

Devildogg4ever
03-16-07, 08:19 AM
I'm glad this was posted! I updated mine and added a pic I found at my parents home!!

YLDNDN6
03-16-07, 08:33 AM
Hey Top...I don't have any idea what my re-enlistment code is...where can I find it?? Is it on my DD-214??? ...............Belay my last...I found it...RE-1A.....is that good??? lol

10thzodiac
03-16-07, 08:34 AM
Sure has suprised me that this thread didn't take off and run a mile or two.
Guess there's only three that want's to know who's running their pie hole.

Those seventy some odd that's clicked on to this thread must be the one's that has a slick profile. Like the previous post before you Sgt Lepaechaun, give them silence.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/27.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/04.gif

slowrider
03-16-07, 08:42 AM
Yes Yes Yes , you must click on my profile. I have to say that I was one good looking Devildog back in the day.( at least my mother told me so ) Hard charging full of pi$$ and vineger.Now I'm a tired ass old fart. hehehehehe

DWG
03-16-07, 09:15 AM
. I have to say that I was one good looking Devildog back in the day.( at least my mother told me so ) pi$$ and vineger.Now

I hate to break this to you-YO MOMMA LIED!!! :banana: :D

10thzodiac
03-16-07, 09:23 AM
Yes Yes Yes , you must click on my profile. I have to say that I was one good looking Devildog back in the day.( at least my mother told me so ) Hard charging full of pi$$ and vineger.Now I'm a tired ass old fart. hehehehehe

Remember, we use to be good, but still good once like we use to be http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

DWG
03-16-07, 09:28 AM
Remember, we use to be good, but still good once like we use to be http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/03.gif

Are you trying to say "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was?"

crate78
03-16-07, 09:54 AM
Reenlistment codes must be something they started since I left the Corps. All my last 214 says is, "Recommended for reenlistment, will not reenlist".

As I've mentioned before, another good way to nail a suspected wannabe is to ask them their MOS. Units, duty stations, etc. can be researched, but no Marine ever forgets his MOS, and wannabes usually have no idea what it is.

crate

mrob7781
03-16-07, 10:32 AM
that's a good point crate78, as my training level changed so did my MOS!. as for reenlistment code [only did 4year active] I believe I recieved standard code[lower right of dd214]...

10thzodiac
03-16-07, 11:31 AM
The DD-214 is now so commonly forged, that it should no longer be considered a reliable document.

Fake vets have used forged DD-214's for the VA as the VA didn't actually pull their actual service record. During the Vietnam war the protesters and winos figured that little trick out. One of them even told congress he looked up and saw this "big orange cloud" descending over him. Remember that agent orange isn't orange, it just comes in orange barrels.

Yet many people defrauded the VA with claims, making a fake DD-214, making up bizarre stories about running assassination missions in North Vietnam when they were 17. If you convince your shrink you get full disability benefits.

mrob7781
03-16-07, 11:41 AM
that appears to be another failure of the VA admin. WHATS NEXT!!!!

10thzodiac
03-16-07, 11:55 AM
Are you trying to say "I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was?"

onaji 同じ

10thzodiac
03-16-07, 12:01 PM
Reenlistment codes must be something they started since I left the Corps. All my last 214 says is, "Recommended for reenlistment, will not reenlist".

As I've mentioned before, another good way to nail a suspected wannabe is to ask them their MOS. Units, duty stations, etc. can be researched, but no Marine ever forgets his MOS, and wannabes usually have no idea what it is.

crate

My own DD-214 almost said, "Not Recommended for re-enlistment, conscientious objector".

When my sergeant buddy who was doing my DD-214 in the office seen the recommendation I received from the re-enlistment NCO he got a hold of me and asked me, "What in the hell did you tell the re-enlistment NCO ?" I told him all I said was, "I really do not want to kill anyone and I really don't want anyone to kill me. My sergeant buddy in the office then asked me if I wanted that on my DD-214 ? Being a little paranoid thinking it may hurt my resumé with all that WW II and Korean War mentality employers probably have, I told him no. He changed it. I guess that now means [quote here-not mine] "a killer lives in me."

My sergeant buddy also made me a high school graduate on my DD-214, I only had two and a half years of high school. He asked if I wanted an associates degree too ? I was to chicken then... I have later tested out for two years of college on job applications exams.

Ironically, employers were discriminating against hiring Vietnam Veterans shortly there after. I even had one boss try to use my Vietnam Service against me, because he was having a hard time firing [<ST1:place>Union</ST1:place>] me with anything else. Maybe in hindsight I shouldn't of changed it and took the degree ?<O:p></O:p>

HOLM
03-16-07, 11:49 PM
All in but a picture.. I'll dig that out of a box next week sometime...

ErikHeiker
03-17-07, 04:59 AM
I've always wondered why the profile doesn't ask for one's MOS.

FistFu68
03-17-07, 06:15 AM
:evilgrin: MOS'S, AND IF THEY ARE FRIGGING QUEER'S?:D

10thzodiac
03-17-07, 06:54 AM
"There's a sucker born every minute...and two to take 'em." ~ famous con-man Paper "Collar" Joe

Even a mediocre impostor can come on these forums and fool any of us no matter what.

The only way you would know for sure is by matching their fingerprints to their service record. You do you know how hard that would be ?

There was a news story not that long ago where a prison inmate while in jail doctored his DD-214 and made himself look like a distinguished war hero and fooled the probation board into giving him an early out. Later he over did his new found hero status and someone did a little checking and he was sent back to finish his prison term.

A bunch of the guys from my outfit got arrested in Las Veges for auto-theft and all had forged phony I.D. cards stolen out of the Battery office. When the police started calling their outfits the names weren't coming up except for the Skippers who they forged. The big joke afterward, was, when they were asked by the police, "Does anyone here have a true I.D. card", one of them whipped out a Corporal True I.D. card, the joke was there was a real Corporal True back at the battery who lost that I.D. earlier and this brig-rat found it and was showing it to the cops for a laugh ! They all got court marshaled, a kick and back to duty plea-agreement.

Think about all those dirty old men out here on their telephones having paid phone sex with whom they think are women. They had a black guy on TV saying he was the women on the other end of the phone line they were having phone sex with, he was laughing all the way to the bank http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/18.gif

Wannabe see my True I.D. card ?

HOLM
03-17-07, 11:19 AM
LOL 10z... Ya seem to know a lot about all kinds of ID theft...

Study the subject much???

LOL Not questioning you BTW... I think you are wrong most of the time.. But sincere

Also ID theft is a great reason NOT to post tons of information about yourself... But hey what do I know

10thzodiac
03-17-07, 12:59 PM
LOL 10z... Ya seem to know a lot about all kinds of ID theft...

Study the subject much???

LOL Not questioning you BTW... I think you are wrong most of the time.. But sincere

Also ID theft is a great reason NOT to post tons of information about yourself... But hey what do I know

No studying required HOLM, a little common sense, and after you been around the block for 64 years you are bound to pick up on a few things, that is, if your eyes, ears and mind are open ?

I use to think my government was always right too, even got into a bad argument thinking so, but wrong with my corpsman buddy in B-1-11 after Kennedy withheld air cover for the freedom fighters at the "Bay of Pigs".

Kennedy decided against giving the faltering invasion US air support (though four US pilots were killed in Cuba during the invasion) because of his opposition to overt intervention (subvert (OK?)). Kennedy also canceled several sorties of bombings (only two took place) on the grounded Cuban Air force, which might have crippled the Cuban Air force and given air superiority to the invaders. U.S. Marines were not sent in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bay_of_Pigs_Invasion

Later in October 1962 I was right in the middle of WW III in Guantanamo Bay Cuba. We had less than a thousand Marines when I arrived with B-1-11 by jet supporting 2/1. The Soviets had 47,000 fully battle dressed Russian-Polish troops and Fidel had 227,000 Cuban troops. The Russian General had authorization to use the 14 battle-field nukes (Frogs) against invading troops [Marines] if attacked. American Marine casualties were estimated at 90-95 %.

All of the above was caused because we just had to put our nuclear missiles on Russia's boarder in Turkey beforehand; just as we're doing again today except it is in Czechoslovakia on Russia's boarder. I understand Ole Vladimir Putin isn't very happy about that, I wonder if he going to put Russian missiles in Cuba again like Nikita Khrushchev did, or maybe Venezuela to sort of even things out ?

As far as my ID theft goes by posting tons of information about myself on the INTERNET doesn't concern me, simply put, I pay cash for everything and besides I'm judgment proof.

HOLM, as for me being wrong, "When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years." ~ Mark Twain

Thanks for believing I'm sincere, I know stranger things have happened and true, don't fret about the DD-214 thing, just tell us some good sea stories http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

SF http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif

Richard

usmcmule
03-17-07, 01:15 PM
I agree, fill in your profile (I'll check mine after this posting) I am on several other sites and don't like responding to someone with a partial or bulls*it filled profile. Just my 2 cents worth.