PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Busting a Liar, Brother Marines

slowrider
03-14-07, 03:24 PM
Hello Brother and Sister Marines, <br />
Recently I overheard a conversation that really got to me.As I have staed on here before in other threads I am a General class Amateur radio operator.I have heard...

ssgtt32
03-14-07, 03:41 PM
Yes, there is a Veterans Pension, my Father-In-Law recevices one, however i believe that it is called a War Time Pension. He only gets $50 a month because he is not service connected!

Semper Fi!
Maurice

davblay
03-14-07, 04:29 PM
Go to www.VA.GOV and you can find your answer! There is a pension, but being discharged in Boot means he probably got what is called a trainee discharge, which means he isn't even considered a vet!...

killerinstinct
03-14-07, 04:35 PM
information act my brother. im sure they would remove most personal stuff or soemthign but there must be away.

mrob7781
03-14-07, 05:30 PM
slowrider, if he didn't get thru bootcamp because of his ankles then he was medically discharged,and therefore he is not a vet!. if he is getting a veterans pension it must have come from immediate...

ggyoung
03-14-07, 06:26 PM
If he only spent one day in boot camp and hurt his ackles he is intitled to a pension or diability. After saying that now it would not be much say maby a 10-15% not enough to get any money. How ever he could get medical treatment at a VA hospital. If you still have a problem with him pm me with name, rank what year and I will run it and see what I come up with. May take some time.

slowrider
03-14-07, 06:39 PM
If he only spent one day in boot camp and hurt his ackles he is intitled to a pension or diability. After saying that now it would not be much say maby a 10-15% not enough to get any money. How ever he could get medical treatment at a VA hospital. If you still have a problem with him pm me with name, rank what year and I will run it and see what I come up with. May take some time.

You guys are great,I had no idea about some of the stuff you guys have said already.Also thank you for offering to look this guy up. Let me sit back and listen to this guy a little more.If it goes on I'll pm you with the info you ask.
AGAIN! Thank you brothers.
Vince

davecerami275
03-14-07, 07:00 PM
if he is medically retired he should have an ID CARD with an expiration date of INDEFINITE,,,,ask

RLeon
03-14-07, 10:07 PM
information act my brother. im sure they would remove most personal stuff or soemthign but there must be away.
Yup, the FOIA
B.G. Burkett spent like 10 years exposing frauds and wrote a must read book about it.
http://www.stolenvalor.com/foia.htm

oldtop
03-15-07, 09:55 AM
The VA pays two different types of benefit to veterans: <br />
COMPENSATION...paid to any veteran for injuries causing a disability that occurred while the person was on ACTIVE duty. The vet MUST have any...

LeDave
03-15-07, 10:16 AM
why would someone say they been in the corps when they haven't? that's so ridiculous, i mean seriously why would you, i mean that's like saying you've tried sushi before when you haven't and then you talk about how good it is when you only read it on the internet

slowrider
03-15-07, 12:15 PM
Thank You,Top <br />
Like I told Dave,I am keeping a ear to the airways to see what more this guy runs off at the head.I want to make sure I have all my ducks lined up before I say anything. <br />
Semper Fi,...

capmarine
03-15-07, 03:29 PM
asking him where he went to bootcamp,when,dates.platoon numbers etc.who were his DI's?

capmarine
03-15-07, 03:30 PM
asking him where he went to bootcamp,when,dates.platoon numbers etc.who were his DI's?ask him about the yellow footprints

snakepuppy
03-15-07, 05:40 PM
I tended bar for a long time. I have had a half dozen liars try to talk to me about the Corps. One told me about how he was a Master Sgt. in Germany. I asked him where he went to boot and he told me Ft. Leonard Wood and how much he hated his drill sargents. I asked how long he was in and he told me four years. I don't know what possesses guys to lie like that but I pity them. Don't let 'em bother you. If you confront him it will do no good. He'll continue to spin his deciet to whoever will listen.

Roulette
03-15-07, 06:43 PM
I've got to ask...... Where were all these freaking so called Marines during Nam?

Devildogg4ever
03-16-07, 08:27 AM
I tended bar for a long time. I have had a half dozen liars try to talk to me about the Corps. One told me about how he was a Master Sgt. in Germany. I asked him where he went to boot and he told me Ft. Leonard Wood and how much he hated his drill sargents. I asked how long he was in and he told me four years. I don't know what possesses guys to lie like that but I pity them. Don't let 'em bother you. If you confront him it will do no good. He'll continue to spin his deciet to whoever will listen.

I believe this to be true, too! My best friend and I have been hanging together since high school, until I found out he was telling people he served in the Marine Corps and was in Desert Storm!! He wasn't even in the boy scouts, let alone the military! I quit all contact with him without telling him why. He asked others and they told him I found out about his lies! He doesn't come around, but he still keeps telling the same lies, over & over!!