PDA

View Full Version : Herbert Looks For Win At Gatornationals, Welcomes Special Guests

thedrifter
03-14-07, 03:50 PM
Gainesville: Doug Herbert preview
Racing series NHRA
Date 2007-03-14

Herbert Looks For Win At Gatornationals, Welcomes Special Guests

Gainesville, prerace: In 2006, Doug Herbert advanced to the semifinal round of the ACDelco NHRA Gatornationals. In 2007, he and the Snap-on Tools Top Fuel Dragster team hope to make it all the way to winner's circle.

"Last year was pretty decent here," said Herbert. "The car ran good and we went rounds, but we've had mixed luck at the Gatornationals in the past. We're counting on this being another good year."

The recent addition of Dave Fletcher as car chief combined with the tuning skills of Hall of Fame member and crew chief Jim Brissette equals a unique combination of experience and knowledge that will help propel the Snap-on Tools Top Fuel dragster into contention. Hired shortly after the Phoenix race, the 2007 ACDelco NHRA Nationals marks the first time 'Fletch' will be at the track with the Snap-on Team.

"We're really pumped to have Fletch on the team," said Herbert. "He's been working hard at the shop with the crew getting everything ready for this weekend. We've had some bad luck to start the season, and we're planning to turn things around. I think Fletch coming onboard will be another step in the right direction."

In addition to making a run for the Gainesville win, Herbert and the Snap-on Team will host six special honorary crew members on Saturday. Six active duty Marines will serve as members of a Top Fuel dragster team for a day.

"Our soldiers do so much. My sister Heather is in the Army's JAG Corps, so I pay special attention to what our soldiers do and go through," said Herbert. "Being able to give a few of them a special day at the track is really cool. The Marines will get to meet the team, get some special gifts, and get treated to a great day at the track. They deserve it, and it's the least we can do to say thanks."

-credit: dhr

Ellie