PDA

View Full Version : The U.S. Department of Homeland Security

thedrifter
02-20-03, 01:53 PM
INTRODUCTION

What is Ready.gov all about?

Terrorists are working to obtain biological, chemical, nuclear and radiological weapons and the threat of an attack is very real. Here at the Department of Homeland Security, throughout the federal government, and at organizations across America we are working hard to strengthen our Nation's security. Whenever possible, we want to stop terrorist attacks before they happen. All Americans should begin a process of learning about potential threats so we are better prepared to react during an attack. While there is no way to predict what will happen, or what your personal circumstances will be, there are simple things you can do now to prepare yourself and your loved ones.

Some of the things you can do to prepare for the unexpected, such as assembling a supply kit and developing a family communications plan, are the same for both a natural or man-made emergency. However, as you will see throughout the pages of Ready.gov, there are important differences among potential terrorist threats that will impact the decisions you make and the actions you take. With a little planning and common sense, you can be better prepared for the unexpected.

http://www.ready.gov/index.html

Sempers,

Roger

thedrifter
02-21-03, 06:28 AM
Making America Ready: The Red Cross Prepares Communities
With the launch of the Together We Prepare campaign, Red Cross chapters nationwide are employing innovative efforts to ensure the readiness of their neighbors.

http://www.redcross.org/

Sempers,

Roger

eddief
02-24-03, 11:55 AM
I hate the word "Homeland". For me it's a word straight out of a fascist regime's dictionary. They could have come up with a better name.

wrbones
02-24-03, 12:25 PM
I agree with ya eddief. That terminolgy gives me the chills. I hope it doesn't end up givin' us all somethin' worse.

JChristin
02-24-03, 06:11 PM
Eddief,

You are right on the dime. It reminded me of Germany during WWII, the "fatherland." I totally agree with bones. My concern is the taking of rights under the guise of terrorism. Camera's watching everyones move around the country. It's gettin so you can't pick your nose and not be seen!

semper fi
jchristin

wrbones
02-26-03, 12:41 PM
If they start bustin' people for pickin' their nose, I'm screwed......

usmc85204
02-26-03, 01:20 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one that thinks the Department of Homeland Security would be more aptly named the Government Giant Leap to infringing on the rights of the American People. I can't believe the moves this organization is making under the blanket of protecting us from "outside threats". I really feel more threatened from inside. Now in Atlanta they are stopping and searching cars going to the airport. Over the holiday weekend in D.C. we had troops with guns in the streets. I am begining to feel like columbia or chile.. I am begining to think that a second rate arab prince and a few million bucks has overthrown the people of America, if not the government. Remember Love your country, but fear your government...

greybeard
03-03-03, 11:13 PM
HOMELAND SECURITY The Office of Homeland Security has announced they
will soon be implementing new software which will record every click
of your mouse. The purpose being to find and define subversives.
According to the release issued 2/20/2003 by the FBI, it will operate
completely transparently. The average user will not notice any
difference in performance of their computer, independently or while
on the Net. Click below to discover this incredible new technology.
Preview the new FBI tracking tool. It will not be in use until July
1, 2003. Click Here---
http://users.chartertn.net/tonytemplin/FBI_eyes/

eddief
03-04-03, 02:11 PM
Brother Ridge and Brother Ashcroft are watching.

"Every breath you take I'll be watching you."
- The Police

firstsgtmike
03-05-03, 04:02 AM
I'm reminded of a story.

A man went to a shrink, exhibiting all of the signs of paranoia. His story confirmed it.

The shrink told him to report back in two weeks to begin his therapy.

When he returned, the shrink told him that he had done a full and total investigation of public, private, and even confidential data bases concerning his patient.

The result, according to the shrink was: you may be paranoid, but I have been unable to to discover one person, in this entire world, who gave a **** whether you lived or died.

Barndog
03-05-03, 05:14 AM
That's what I say Top -

I could give a sh*t less. Ya can be all paranoid, or move the fu*k on. If they (Brother Ashcroft, Poindexter, et al) wanna stop on over, they know my record as a Marine.

I'm betting they don't just 'drop by'...... know what I mean?

Art Petersn
03-05-03, 05:57 AM
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- About a dozen names discovered at the house where al Qaeda operations chief Khalid Shaikh Mohammed was arrested match names of individuals under surveillance in the United States, U.S. government officials told CNN Tuesday.

Now this really helps Home Land Security. Wouldn't it be nice if nobody had found out that we had this guy for about two weeks. I still think the biggest threat to this country is the press.
If the bad guys don't know what to do, the press will surley tell them where to hit us to really make it hurt. I believe in free press but with a limit.

firstsgtmike
03-05-03, 07:19 AM
We seem to miss a beat or two, or three here, and other active posts.

I don't know about you, but often times, I read a post, work up and try to figure out who and what this post was responding to.

Sometimes, I feel like DiNero practicing before the mirror in his classic film.

Are YOU talking to me?

Are you talking to ME?

Are you TALKING to me?

I, too, have problems trying to figure out which previous post a response applies to.

Sometimes I ask."Do your numbers include the ones who died last week and who may be dead by the end of next week?"

(I've never been able to deal with "Huh?" as a proper, intelligient response to a legitimate question.)

If I can offer a suggestion.... When we respond to a post, can we at least mention the author we are responding to, in our introduction?

The worst thing that could happen is that it MAY work.