PDA

View Full Version : Going better

Brian F
03-13-07, 06:35 PM
Hey I'm doing my runs without ankle tape and whatnot. I have a sock under each arch in my foot. If they issue shoe inserts in bootcamp then I'm good to go, if not, I'll sneak a sock in my shoes. No pains whatsoever aside from a blister or two, but even then they weren't that bad after a 5 mile run. I think I'll do just fine.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-13-07, 09:53 PM
I don't know about trying to sneak anything into any other thing. You are accountable for every single thing you are issued. If they want you to hold up all of your socks and you're missing a pair because you shoved them into your go fasters, that isn't good.

TheBiggness
03-13-07, 11:04 PM
Are you flat footed? or just get foot pain after a certain distance?

slowrider
03-13-07, 11:11 PM
I don't know about trying to sneak anything into any other thing. You are accountable for every single thing you are issued. If they want you to hold up all of your socks and you're missing a pair because you shoved them into your go fasters, that isn't good.

"Go Fasters", Man you brought a smile to this old face. I haven't heard that name since Recruit training. LOL

Hobson
03-14-07, 01:21 AM
Hey I'm doing my runs without ankle tape and whatnot. I have a sock under each arch in my foot. If they issue shoe inserts in bootcamp then I'm good to go, if not, I'll sneak a sock in my shoes. No pains whatsoever aside from a blister or two, but even then they weren't that bad after a 5 mile run. I think I'll do just fine.

I wouldn't sneak anything, Iron it out with your recruiters and see if you can permission.

YLDNDN6
03-14-07, 06:16 AM
Brian...It sounds like you may already have a serious medical condition...bring this to the attention of your recruiter and get it checked out by a doctor. All you will succeed in doing by covering this up is you will get to boot camp and wash out because your feet can't support you through training. Let your recruiter know, TODAY, about this situation with your feet. Then let us all know what he is able to do for you. You have to have those feet for the rest of your life, and screwing them up completely in boot camp won't be doing yourself any favors.

Brian F
03-14-07, 06:27 AM
Actually I believe with shoe inserts I'd be just fine. I went to a doctor and she said I have overpronated feet which cause them to roll a little and put extra pressure on the ankle or something. She also said by the time I ship my ankles would be strong enough for the runs. I'm also flat footed but I believe thats fairly common.

Kildars
03-14-07, 07:12 AM
Still tell your recruiter Brian, I wouldn't want you to get discharged for lying.

TheBiggness
03-14-07, 10:56 AM
Actually I believe with shoe inserts I'd be just fine. I went to a doctor and she said I have overpronated feet which cause them to roll a little and put extra pressure on the ankle or something. She also said by the time I ship my ankles would be strong enough for the runs. I'm also flat footed but I believe thats fairly common.

But still like said before talk to your recruiter, he knows what you need to do. I bet your not the only one who has had this problem.