PDA

View Full Version : Father and Daughter

poolee2008
03-13-07, 01:03 PM
I'm currently in the DEP but here's the deal. With all my huff, puff, and excitement, also with my brother's encouragement (he's an Army MP) my dad is thinking about enlisting. I really don't know what he needs to do or what the requirements are. He's really very serious about it too, all I can give him is moto but if some Marines around his age want to give him advice that would be awesome!
Thanks for everything!

Alyssa

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-13-07, 01:15 PM
Unless he has prior military service, my guess is he is past the age limit for the Marine Corps.

poolee2008
03-13-07, 02:25 PM
the thing is my "dad" is really my step father and he is able to enlist. I keep teasing him it's going to be harder for him. I'm 17 and my mom is 34, she had me when she was too young, and my step dad is 29, and i know this is weird as h#ll but he is interested. I know your probably thinking the same thing most people do. That's CRAZY! Well is 29 the age limit? or is he too old?

rvillac2
03-13-07, 02:51 PM
I believe age limit is 32, so he's able to join.
Get credit for his contract and you'll outrank him at graduation. LOL.

poolee2008
03-14-07, 08:09 AM
HaHaHa... Yeah that would be funny but thanks for the info. From both of us.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-14-07, 03:14 PM
I thought the age max was still 27, unless you had a waiver.

killerinstinct
03-14-07, 03:24 PM
either way he can enlist. i'm curious on this one though this is probalby one of the best stories in the making if it comes true..

ssgtt32
03-14-07, 03:43 PM
Wow! Father and Daughter Graduate from Parris Island on same day!!!!!! Marine Corps history.....OOOOHHHHHH RAAAAAAHHHHHH

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-14-07, 05:38 PM
Let's hope that he doesn't get dropped to MRP!

Marine84
03-14-07, 06:15 PM
Wow! Father and Daughter Graduate from Parris Island on same day!!!!!! Marine Corps history.....OOOOHHHHHH RAAAAAAHHHHHH

THAT would be cool as hell!

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-14-07, 06:52 PM
I would just love to see her pick up rank quick enough to thrash dear ol' dad.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-15-07, 08:10 PM
Hilarious. He's young enough. Sign that lad up!!

poolee2008
03-16-07, 08:34 AM
HAHAHA! Imagine, my dad having to salute me. wow! I talked to my recruiter and my dad is going to MEPS in 2 weeks! I'll keep yall posted! LOL
:D

Thanks!

Alyssa:nerd:

killerinstinct
03-16-07, 10:23 AM
wow thats awesome but you goign to have to realize.. hes still your dad and can whoop you... but im still sticking to the story that this is probalby going to be an awesome adventure for you two

Tegan
03-16-07, 11:37 AM
Thats cool that your dad wants to join!
My dad is in the Army, he has been since he was 18. My brother, younger than I, joined the Marines about a year before I did. Having my dad and brother in the military has brought us closer even though we are all over the world right now. I have never been able to connect with my dad so well until I was in the Marines. We can have actual conversations and know what one another are talking about. I also respect my Dad a lot more because I know the things he has been through to get where he is now. I love having my family in the Military. Couldn't be more proud.

poolee2008
03-16-07, 12:07 PM
Tegan is right about one thing, it does bring your family closer. I went through alot as a kid and eventually got put into care of DHS. Now that I live on my own and I'm far away, i started talking to him again, and I told him about the Marines, and how just enlisting has literally changed my life. What used to be a big deal to me now seems petty compared to what I'm about to face. It started out just as a conversation, a few months ago and has evolved into him wanting to enlist. I say if he has the courage to put himself to the test, and that deep desire to join the corps, then I'm excited as H*ll and can't wait to share our experience walking the footsteps of those who went before us. Thanks for the encouragement and KEEP IT COMING! I'm in the process of having him get a profile on here! LOL

Alyssa