PDA

View Full Version : National Guard?...H*ll No!

Eagle Pride
03-12-07, 12:22 PM
Hey this Eagle is preparing for lift off! I have finally made a decision. After that whole incedent with the National Guard. I know i deserve better so I have decided that I'm going to put myself to the test and join the finest Corps there is out there... The USMC! So if any of the Poolees or Marines want to give me advice. I'M READY! I go to MEPS this Thursday! WISH ME LUCK!!:thumbup:

Marine84
03-12-07, 01:01 PM
Another satisfied customer.....................AND she's a female!

Covey_Rider
03-12-07, 01:21 PM
The only thing I can really tell you is that there will be times when you'll think that you made a mistake. Just know that everything that you go through is worth it. I don't mean to beat a dead horse or anything but stay moto...that's all there is to it.

davblay
03-12-07, 01:29 PM
Well Eagle Pride, you will be spending at least 13 weeks on an island just off the coast of South Carolina called PARIS ISLAND. There you wil learn the basics of being a MARINE! For several decades the so called "WM'S" were trained and sent out to serve as file clerks and so forth. In todays Marine Corps you may well find yourself in Baghdad with the other GRUNTS. I think it is commendable that a young lady would consider being "ONE OF THE PROUD" and take on this responsibility!

It sounds like you have weighed all the options and made a decision. That is the first step of the rest of your life. You are a very brave woman and I thank you for your interest in the Corps. We can always use another sister in this elite organization of ours!

My hats off to ya, and I hope all goes well and you pass at MEPS. Good Luck, and SEMPER FI

devildoghopeful
03-12-07, 04:02 PM
GREAT TO HEAR YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND!!!! Make sure to write us here on leatherneck.com (write to someone and get them to post your letters)! Good luck, go get some!!!!!

Sgt Leprechaun
03-12-07, 06:36 PM
Well done!!!!

Now, the adventure begins.

You'll regret it for sure at times, but I assure you, when all is said and done, you'll stand taller, be a better person, a better citizen, and will have been hardened by the steel.

Barret
03-12-07, 07:19 PM
Congrats. But, always remember, though the Guard isn't as "sharp" as the Corps, they fight and die and bleed in Iraq like the rest of America's servicemembers.

Anyway, glad to see you made the right decision.:iwo:

Marine84
03-12-07, 07:59 PM
Yep................stand by to be tested girl. Trust me, it will be THE best thing you'll EVER do for yourself! And you will question your decision at times but, for the biggest part it's well worth it.

As a female, you'll have reason to be prouder because you will have done something that a lot of men don't/won't do. It's something that stays with you for the rest of your life AND nobody can EVER take it away from you. When you're older, you'll end up like a lot of us and join the Marine Corps League or the Women Marines Association or BOTH - why not DOUBLE your fun!