PDA

View Full Version : Marine Term Paper

Marinewannabe15
03-12-07, 10:21 AM
Hi all Marines. Ok, I'm a senior in highschool and I'm on my last quarter of it which means one thing, term papers. Im leaving for bootcamp a little bit after a graduate and I figured what better way to help me get ready for it then do my paper on The Marines. It has to be 10 pages long and three main points. Mine are #1 The Training #2 The Comraderie #3 The educational oppertunities. Could some of you Marines out there send me either a) Some recruit training stories, b) tell me what marine comraderie and brotherhood mean to you and maybe a few examples, or c) about the educational oppertunities and how it has helped you. Thanks and please dont make then too long but long enough to get your point accrossed. Thanks!!

dscusmc
03-12-07, 12:00 PM
You should track down Zell Miller's book "Corps Values: Everything You Need to Know I Learned In the Marines."

That's an awesome book that I'm sure expresses many of the sentiments that you will get from Marines on this site.

Briefly, I'll say that the Marine Corps really imbued in me a different kind of work ethic than anything a civilian job could have taught me. The Marine Corps gave me a sense of urgency and perfection in everything I do. The other day, one of the partners in my law firm commented on that work ethic.

Ironically, because of that work ethic, I've got to run, but take a look at that book and perhaps later I'll share some recruit training stories that I know Outlaw remembers, because we were in the same platoon.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-12-07, 02:13 PM
Corps Values is a supurb book. Something I believe all poolees should be handed when they sign on the dotted line. I'm sure you can pick it up online pretty easily.

poolee18
03-12-07, 02:18 PM
Corps Values is a supurb book. Something I believe all poolees should be handed when they sign on the dotted line. I'm sure you can pick it up online pretty easily.

Where could I get one I'm tryin to learn as much as I can before I leave for recruit training

MotivatorOfTheGuard
03-12-07, 03:58 PM
As far as the comradarie goes, you will never be apart of another organization where you will go to any extreme, in the most horrific situations, just to help ensure that your buddies go home to their families...As far as the education, well, i'm going for my bachelors in homeland defense and security and guess how much i'm paying. $0...my Tuition Assistance pays for the classes, and my GI Bill pays for the books, just about the only they dont pay for is my internet! My wife and i are both going to college on the Marine Corps Dime. As far as the training goes, you can ask for all the stories you want, but none of them will mean anything to anyone until you go to Boot Camp and live the experience for yourself. Just know that Boot Camp, if you try and survive, it is one of the most SemperTastic things you'll ever do with your life.
:flag:

Sgt Leprechaun
03-12-07, 06:33 PM
Check Amazon or your local bookstore.

There are numerous books to read, including "Blood Stripes" by Danelo, "The March Up" by West, etc. Search the forums, you'll find plenty more to delve into.

Something I did prior to leaving was purchase "The Guidebook for Marines". You'll not only be educated, but slightly ahead of the game if you study it prior to leaving for Recruit Training. It's available through the MCA bookstore.

Marine84
03-12-07, 08:07 PM
My wife and i are both going to college on the Marine Corps Dime.

Is your wife in the Corps too? If not, how does that work with the Corps paying for school for her?

And do you not have to contribute money to the GI bill? When I went through (can't remember what they called it then) but for every $ we put in, they gave 2 IF we used it to go to school - if you cashed out at any time you only got back what you put in.

Echo_Four_Bravo
03-12-07, 08:47 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Corps-Values-Everything-Learned-Marines/dp/055337981X

This isn't something that is going to help you in boot camp, it is just something that explains a little bit of why Marines are what we are and why we like it that way.