PDA

View Full Version : Hell yea!

USMC90
03-12-07, 06:10 AM
I've never been this motivated in my life to do something.. really, so I though I'd share it with you all. Being that it's Montreal and it's been cold as hell for a really long time I haven't been running, so this morning around 5 I went out to take my dog for a walk and it was somewhat warm considering what it's been like for the past 3-4 months so I decided to go for a little run. Went back inside to get my MP3 player, shoes, track pants, and sweater then went back out to start my run. Started running and it felt awesome to be back up and running so I continued along a road and about a half a mile (working on it) my legs started to hurt, but I didn't care much for that so I kept going, and going until my legs felt as if they were a 100 freakin' pounds each, now I still didn't stop as I've never once in my life stopped in the middle of my run for whatever reason, regardless of my legs hurting. Anyway the legs were getting kinda hard to lift but I still kept the pace. Now as I'm getting closer to where I want to be at I feel as if I'm going to just straight up fall down, and guess what? I did and SMACK fell flat on my face. Got up, nose was bleeding a bit, but in my MP3 player a cadence was playing and I heard "I never quite, I never drop, I never die." and for some reason that just made me want to get up and finish what I started, and I did. I ran to where I wanted to go and back home which was about 1 mile there and back. This has never really happened to me and it's very strange so I thought I'd share it with you all, and hopefully it can help some poolees and wannabes like me with running if you don't have the motivation to get the job done.

-Mike-
:flag:

Kildars
03-12-07, 06:55 AM
Good for you, keep pushing harder and harder. If you didn't puke at the end of your run you could have went harder ;) :thumbup:

prepgy
03-12-07, 10:02 AM
Reading this in its self makes me want to leave school and go on a run. :)

killerinstinct
03-12-07, 11:54 AM
There was a bird
With a yellow bill
He landed on my window sill
I let him in
With crumbs of bread
Then I crushed
His ******* head.

best

Marine84
03-12-07, 12:07 PM
There was a bird
With a yellow bill
He landed on my window sill
I let him in
With crumbs of bread
Then I crushed
His ******* head.

best

LOL!

HLeyb
03-12-07, 03:51 PM
That's a great story. Actually yesterday was pretty motivating for me also. I decided I would do a 3 mile run, but pace myself and walk back to my house because the weather was so nice. Well I got to the turnaround point and I just did a little semi-circle and ran all the way back. Needless to say thats the longest run I ever finished and it just made me feel awesome. Keep going hard!

P.S I love that cadence.. Stupid bird.

devildoghopeful
03-12-07, 04:11 PM
Awesome USMC90! Dont ya love that feeling? Just the incredible will to go on, even when it's got difficult? Adrenaline pumping through your viens, muscles tired but working hard...ok, gotta go, I HAVE to run now.

PatriotGirl422
03-13-07, 01:22 PM
Very motivational...I'm gonna go over to my recruiting station and go for a run now.

HLeyb
03-13-07, 03:10 PM
Well today I did my daily 3 mile at school, but it was different. My track at school is 12 laps to the mile. At about lap 19 I started to get tired and frustrated, I don't listen to my i-pod when I run, I just use the stopwatch. Anyway, I was ready to cut my run short when I started singing to myself "Don't let......the green grass fool ya.....don't let.......it change your minddddd!!" and I got louder and louder with it, to the point that the 2 girls up there practicing their step-dance were looking at me funny. Before I knew it I was on lap 27, and I felt like I can do 50 more (I didn't, had to get to class). The best part, I cut a whole minute off my time from yesterday! THe road to becoming a U.S Marine isn't going to be easy for us poolees, but when you get down, just hear that cadence and feel the pride.. works for me.