PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I am new to the forums.

DanBoone
03-11-07, 12:51 PM
Hello Marines, Pool-EE's, and fellow visitors. I am new to the forums, although I have been reading these boards for a couple of days now as a non member I figured it was my time to sign up and post.

I am not in the DEP program atm that is why I signed up as a friend. I am looking into joining the USMC Reserves. I would like to serve my country, and earn the title as a Marine. I plan on doing the reserves so I can dual college and military at the same time. Also, working a job while I am in college.

I would like to have a job in the Marines that would sorta correspond with my program of study in college, but they dont have teaching history. :p SO I am looking into the Avionics field or quite possibly the engineer field. Nothing funner than building things and blowing that **** up.

I think the Marines will change me from the wiley young man I am now to a fine man in the future.

yellowwing
03-11-07, 01:00 PM
We don't teach history, we make history. If you want to take part, then sign up.

DanBoone
03-11-07, 01:01 PM
Yellowwing that there is sig worthy.

yellowwing
03-11-07, 01:06 PM
Belleau Wood, Iwo Jima, Chosin Resevoir, Khe Sahn, Hue City. We made history in all of those places. As we speak our fine young Marines are making history in Al Anbar and Afghanistan.

HLeyb
03-11-07, 02:09 PM
You should be excited about getting Marine Corps training in a field other than your focus of study. As a Gunnery Sergeant told me "Why put all of your eggs in one basket?" Good Luck, and go see a recruiter so you can start your transformation.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-11-07, 03:28 PM
To add to Yellowings original, if I may...

"We don't teach history....we write the legends that BECOME history!"

PatriotGirl422
03-11-07, 03:45 PM
DanBoone,

I recently enlisted into the Marine Corps Reserve and I'm in college right now studying to become a U.S. history teacher. So, I guess we're kind of in the same situation. But yeah, the Marines definitely don't teach history. There are a lot of options for careers in the Marines though, and you should definitely look into it if you're interested. I'm doing the reserves while I'm in college (92 day reservist) and then hoping to become an officer afterwards. It's definitely something to consider if you love your country.

yellowwing
03-11-07, 05:04 PM
To add to Yellowings original, if I may...

"We don't teach history....we write the legends that BECOME history!"
Yes indeed, Sgt Maj Brad Kasal and the House of Hell is one for the ages.

aviator101
03-11-07, 09:39 PM
That just made my day, what a great quote yellowwing. And to also add on to Brad Kasal, he is just continuing the swagger the Marine Corp is known for.

davblay
03-11-07, 11:05 PM
well danboone, the Marines are looking for a few good men, that's a given, but the thing to remember is, as my DI once said, "there is three ways of doing things, the right way, the wrong way, and the Marine Corps way!" So if want to be one of the proud, just sign up then plan your civilian career around your Marine Corps service! The are millions of us that did just that, and we didn't go wrong! I don't believe even one Marine would tell you that he made a mistake by enlisting in the Corps and earning the title!

The Corps will assign you to the job that you are best suited for and give you the best training in the world for that field. Be advised that only the "MEAN, NASTY, AND TIRED " ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR THE TITLE marine!

Good Luck and I hope you decide to join our elite Corps!

Semper Fi

davblay
03-11-07, 11:10 PM
Well, one more thing. At the age of 55, and been out since 1971 "I am not as lean, not as mean, but I am still a Marine!"

jinelson
03-11-07, 11:14 PM
Thats what sets us apart from the other services brother OORAH!!!

Jim

DanBoone
03-12-07, 02:06 AM
I love the hoorah mentality that Marines have, it really gives me a hard on. :P

I was lying in bed for the past 3 hours not getting a wink of sleep just thinking about what kind of man the Marines will turn me into. How disciplined, proud, honest and educated. I want to be able to instill my knowledge and experience into my children and students alike.

I want to earn the title of a United States Marine.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-12-07, 06:28 PM
Let us know when you put your name on the dotted line.

GySgtRet
03-12-07, 08:31 PM
I can see it now. Hey Gunny what do I do now???

Sgt Leprechaun
03-14-07, 05:59 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha. Btdt...