PDA

View Full Version : KISS' GENE SIMMONS, TOMMY THAYER Visit Camp Pendleton

thedrifter
03-11-07, 11:26 AM
KISS' GENE SIMMONS, TOMMY THAYER Visit Camp Pendleton - Mar. 11, 2007
Blabbermouth.net, NY

http://genesimmons.com/fanstories/images8/pendelton.jpg

KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons has posted the following message on his official web site:

"Our 'Gene Simmons Family Jewels' TV crew filmed us at Camp Pendleton over a few days. Sophie [Gene's daughter] and I first visited there and went through (one day's worth) of basic training.

"Sophie, as the Marines like to say, got and 'Git Some'....ask a Marine what it means. Then Tommy Thayer and Darren Leader and Fran on fabulous bass got up and performed for a combine Military Force of Navy, Army, Air Force and Marines... It was a very emotional experience and would make anyone proud of the men and women who risk their lives — without asking for anything...without getting fame or recognition...without much pay (a few hundred dollars)...all they want to know is that they are risking their lives and 'IT MATTERS.' IT DOES.

"Here we are with America's pride and joy. One of them (and he asked NOT to be singled out) is a PURPLE HEART Award recipient. He survived. Most Purple Heart Awards are sent to families. I'm sure you understand the implication.

"Be proud. Be ware. You are protected by the world's finest fighting force. And, they are protecting the greatest country in the world.

"In this day and age, people find it hard to admit. It's not politically correct. Other countries don't want to hear this kind of sentiment. Tough.

"Learn how to spell it, baby. It's spelled A-M-E-R-I-C-A!!!!!"

Ellie

yellowwing
03-11-07, 11:52 AM
The KISS Army will be deployed to Afghanistan in April! :banana: