PDA

View Full Version : Was reminded of a CLASSIC Marine Moment

Super Dave
02-19-03, 03:48 PM
I was talking to a long lost Marine Corp buddy the other day. He reminded me of a IG inspection we had in 1983.
After the General did his walk through asking where are you from Marine and so and so... The REAL inspection began. The guy across from me, still in open squad bays, was probably 6' 6", HUGE guy. Well the inspecting Major was maybe 5'..5' 2" at the most. When he came to inspect my buddy there was NO way he properly inspect his Alpha's. He looked around and grabbed a chair and stood on the chair to inspect him. It was the hardest think I have EVER done not to totally lose it. My buddy was having a hard enough time not laughing in the Major's face. That damn Major must do that to see if he can get anyone to laugh so he can rip their junk on the bunk and wall locker apart. It was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time. Talking about it last night..I think I laughed even harder. I'm sure the major saw my red face across the squad bay, he ripped me a new one..or at least tore my wall locker and JOB apart. I think he gigged me on fingerprint on back of my rifle badge and Irish pennants on inside of my sea bag.

Ohhh Rahhh

:marine:

SHOOTER1
02-19-03, 09:05 PM
Ah for the good old days, NOT.

Barrio_rat
02-20-03, 03:12 AM
Irish pennants on the inside of the seabag and a finger print on the back of the marksmanship badge.. Goooood.. Though, I had a room fail because we had dust on the light switch - inside, behind the wall plate. The inspecting Lt used a Q-tip to find the dust. And here I thought I had a squared away room! LOL

firstsgtmike
02-20-03, 05:02 AM
Room?????????????

eddief
02-20-03, 05:36 AM
Inspections suck.

Barndog
02-20-03, 05:42 AM
Thats why it's the Marine Corps.

Semper Fidelis

Art Petersn
02-20-03, 06:14 AM
what's a room?

wrbones
02-20-03, 06:17 AM
On some bases in the late 70's and early eighties NCO's got to share three and four man rooms with other NCO's. The NCO barracks.

Usually weren't enough to go around.

Barndog
02-20-03, 06:38 AM
Ya. Some of us 'really lucky ones' even got to have only 2 guys to a room. It was tough being an Airwinger in a Grunt area when the Airwing barracks weren't built yet.

Man, those guys hated us. LMFAO

Semper Fidelis

Rob Parry
02-20-03, 08:02 AM
Art 'Room' is French for Rum, they can never manage our language!

Armory
02-20-03, 11:37 AM
In bootcamp the guy next to me passed out while I was being inspected(hello don't lock your legs). The DI doing the inspection proceeded to inspect the guys backside while stradeling his limp body and dinged him for an Irish pennant on the back of his alphas LOL!

wrbones
02-20-03, 11:59 AM
There's some funny **** on this thread. Armory, I think yer story is the best one so far! LOL.

mrbsox
02-20-03, 12:39 PM
Had 2 things work for me, to get out of a CG inspection !!

(disclaimer) DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME !!

#1 Have 2 rank insignias hanging in your wall locker !!!

I had just lost my E4 stripe, but had not removed them from 1 set of A's, and a Charlie shirt. When asked, I just told the CO (who had busted me) that I hadn't had time to change them back. I was told to secure everything, and get lost before the Gen. came thru. :D

#2 Get in a fight, and have a broken nose.

Another time, I had gotten the snozz busted, and was all bandaged up. They told me to get lost till it was over. :D

Terry