PDA

View Full Version : Theodore Roosevelt 1910

usmcmule
03-10-07, 08:21 AM
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly... who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so his place shall never be with those cold and timid sould who know neither victory nor defeat."

Words I try to live by, what do ya all think??

drumcorpssnare
03-15-07, 03:06 PM
"Bully for T.R." Too bad the media isn't required to commit this to memory!
Things are much different in today's world than they were 100 yrs ago....
but some leaders are timeless. Teddy, today, might "speak softly".....but you can bet, he'd carry "a big fukin stick!!!"
drumcorpssnare:usmc:

usmcmule
03-17-07, 02:19 PM
Guess most viewers either don't understand the quote or have nothing to say......

DWG
03-17-07, 02:48 PM
:thumbup:
Happy now?

First time I've seen this post; must have been buried in the ton o' posts of the last few days.
What can one add to TRs' comments? When you right, you right!

:D

semperfi170
03-17-07, 03:56 PM
If we had more national leaders that had brass b***s of T.R. and his background we would not have to put up with the crap that they hand out in today's world. :iwo:

usmcmule
03-17-07, 09:01 PM
hoooraaa

JinxJr
03-26-07, 02:10 PM
I have a copy of that formatted in script and superimposed over a gold EGA with the colors crossed behind it; framed and hanging on the wall over my desk. (I make these "Big Red 1" guys nuts).

usmcmule
03-26-07, 06:27 PM
Yes when I had a office I had a copy hanging on the wall guys would read it and most would just walk away, a few thought it was outstanding. Of course the walk-aways usually felt intimidated just reading it......

JinxJr
03-27-07, 12:39 PM
Teddy was a bright guy whose priorities were usually in proper order...shame we can't bring him back.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907