PDA

View Full Version : Youngest American Serviceman killed in the Vietnam War

Sgt Sostand
02-19-03, 08:41 AM
My name is Franklin D. McArthur Jr, and I am the Founder and President of the Pfc. Dan Bullock Foundation, Inc. Pfc Bullock 15, was the youngest American Serviceman killed in the Vietnam War. He was only 14 years old when we graduated from boot camp on December 10, 1968. According to pentagon officials he may be the youngest KIA since World War I. I founded the Bullock Foundation because we were friends, and I wanted to try to correct a miscarriage of justice. Pfc. Dan Bullock lied about his age to enlist, and everyone seem to be more concerned about him lying than dying. But that does not change the facts, and the facts is, he was a United States Marine, and he was killed fighting for this country. Even now 30 years after his death, his official birthday is still being published as December 21, 1949. After he was killed on June 7, 1969, his real birth date which was December 21, 1953 was exposed to the public (ref: New York Times, June 13, 1969, Page 1, Col. 7). I've petitioned the Commandant, Congress and the President to award him the MOH. The Citizen Stamp Advisory Committee to award him a Commemorative Stamp. I submitted a proposal to the Great Blacks in Wax Museum, to erect a wax figure. Mr Steve Piscitelli, noted sculpture and former member of Fox 2/5, will be sculpturing a bronze statue. The Pfc. Dan Bullock Foundation, Inc is in need of financial support, any financial support or other assistance you can give will be greatly appreciated. For further infomation contact my call 1-856-802-6592.

benny rutledge
02-19-03, 12:29 PM
Franklin,I have to admit my ignorance of the Dan Bullock affair.We were almost all kids there 18 to 22 say.Its good you posted this for the rest of us to read,I had no knowledge of a 15yr old serving in the Corps and losing his life in Combat as a result.His age should have been no issue except the powers that be at HQMC are no doubt embarrased.They should however honor that young man in some way.I'm sure the Bullock family is very proud of their son & I pray our Corps is doing the right thing by them.Have you posted this on other Marine Sites. The more people that read this the better.Good luck in you efforts in the PFC Dan Bullock Foundation. Your freinds,Ben & Brenda Rutledge

NamGrunt68
02-19-03, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Sgt Sostand
My name is Franklin D. McArthur Jr, and I am the Founder and President of the Pfc. Dan Bullock Foundation, Inc. Pfc Bullock 15, was the youngest American Serviceman killed in the Vietnam War. He was only 14 years old when we graduated from boot camp on December 10, 1968. According to pentagon officials he may be the youngest KIA since World War I. I founded the Bullock Foundation because we were friends, and I wanted to try to correct a miscarriage of justice. Pfc. Dan Bullock lied about his age to enlist, and everyone seem to be more concerned about him lying than dying. But that does not change the facts, and the facts is, he was a United States Marine, and he was killed fighting for this country. Even now 30 years after his death, his official birthday is still being published as December 21, 1949. After he was killed on June 7, 1969, his real birth date which was December 21, 1953 was exposed to the public (ref: New York Times, June 13, 1969, Page 1, Col. 7). I've petitioned the Commandant, Congress and the President to award him the MOH. The Citizen Stamp Advisory Committee to award him a Commemorative Stamp. I submitted a proposal to the Great Blacks in Wax Museum, to erect a wax figure. Mr Steve Piscitelli, noted sculpture and former member of Fox 2/5, will be sculpturing a bronze statue. The Pfc. Dan Bullock Foundation, Inc is in need of financial support, any financial support or other assistance you can give will be greatly appreciated. For further infomation contact my call 1-856-802-6592.

Best exsposure ya can get is a "Website".....ya got one ??